Supervisor November beta issue impacting users on Home Assistant beta/dev channels

While the install was stuck, I just clicked on Leave Beta Channel in settings and the update disappeared. After a restart I re Joined Beta Channel and all seems ok now. With 2022.11.2 available in updates.

I did try that to and did not work for me, on all 3 systems.
Not all 3 systems where on the same OS or same HASS version.

So i needed to do it in a different way to solve that problem.

While my update was stuck I did the
curl -o - https://version.home-assistant.io/update-supervisor.txt | sh
From an ssh 2222 window and it fix my system and allowed the correct update to install.

I have connected keyboard and monitor to write the command. However, I am unable to write the vertical pipe symbol | . Forgive my stupidity, but can someone tell me how to write it? Thank you very much

Hello. how did you write the symbol | on command line? I am unable to do it :frowning:

shift + \

1 Like

On my UK keyboard I had to type Shift + ~

The curl command on unRAID virtual manager VNC worked perfectly. Now the supervisor and updates are working properly.

To type the command on VNC I had to change between 2 keyboard languages/layouts on my pc so I could write “/” and “|”.

How does one run the script? Does this require the SSH add-on already be installed?

Please read how to access the cli. As it notes, only one of the ssh addons is capable of running this script as the other cannot access docker and you must have it previously installed. If you do not have it installed you need to follow the path listed for your system.

This got me back and running. Thanks so much for the detailed walkthru!

I did a copy and paste

Thanks for this, this solved the issue :slight_smile: Got me worried for a second :wink:

Thanks for this! I was stuck at the same point and you got me fixed up.

My Proxmox node crashed minutes after the Supervisor update (obviously not related to HA) and for that reason I never suspected the issue could be HA related. Since my last backup was from two weeks ago (yup, I know!!! and the worst part is that I work in IT/Security area!) and I couldn’t create new backups I tried everything for several nights in order to keep the long therm data.

I was about to ask for help in Discord when I saw your post :smiley: Already followed the instruction and created a backup. Since I messed a lot with supervisor and core repair commands, I am going to create a new VM and restore.

Thanks.

Maybe the observer can be configured to perform a supervisor rollback or reinstall, or push a version specific message to the user.

maybe what i have to add could be considered dumb or repetitive for some, but i have two important tips:

For those who are receiving the “docker command not found” message, you have to type “login” without quotes and press enter first (maybe the owner of the post could highlight it in different color).

for those who need to type the pipe character, in my keyboard you and do it by typing alt+124 on the numpad.

thanks.

type login and press enter before paste the curl code

Actually if you specifically see the output “docker command not found” it almost certainly means the user has the ssh addon installed, tried to ssh in via 22 and run it there. This won’t work because when you ssh in via the ssh addon you’re actually in a docker container and the most commonly used ssh addon has no access to the docker cli.

If you see something like this:

Error: unknown command "curl" for "ha"
Did you mean this?
        core
Run 'ha --help' for usage.
FATA[0000] Error while executing rootCmd: unknown command "curl" for "ha"
Did you mean this?
        core

Then you probably tried to type the curl command at the ha prompt without entering login first.

That’s been my experience anyway. Perhaps you can show what you’re seeing if you encountered a different error?

curl -o - https://version.home-assistant.io/update-supervisor.txt | sh
works perfectly thanx

1 Like