Supervisor November beta issue impacting users on Home Assistant beta/dev channels

You need to type in login first

I spent the last 24 hours thinking I had lost everything before finding this thread. My incremental backups had replaced all my full backups. I finally have a working front end, but now all my add-ons are missing. When I try to start them I get an error that the image can’t be found. Is there a way to rebuild them from the terminal?

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

Same problem with 2022.11.3 ?

Had big problem after install of 2022.11.2. Now running 2022.11.1 with no problem.

You’re confusing core version with supervisor version. The issues in this thread only deal with supervisor, which does not have a 2022.11.3 version.

I get next error

Screenshot 2022-11-20 10.33.56_1

I fix it on VM’s Console(VNC) typing just: ha core update

after that, reboot system and everything was working. Most of add-ons i need to re-install, could be that add-ons broke when I try to fix the system yesterday(maby).

edit: Supervisor version was 2022.11.0 when I had this problem.

I had thought once beta is done and we update to the released version we are on the stable channel until we download a new beta?

I saw nothing in my versions to see that I was running a beta supervisor. Did I miss something in the numbering that said I was on beta?

When you join the beta program, you join the beta for core & supervisor. You’re always in beta. Beta for core starts on the last wednesday of the month and ends on the first wednesday of the next month. Supervisor comes whenever the devs release it, it does not have a static beta schedule.

The difference is that the version numbers for core and os let’s you know you are running beta. Supervisor does not. I would think it should. Also the beta channel gets closed so there is no place to report beta issues.

Ok, write up a feature request. :man_shrugging:

A feature request for beta testing?

You just asked for an indicator in the name of supervisor that show’d it was a beta… so a feature request for that…

No I am asking for it to behave the same as core an OS beta’s. Both of these I get a notice of releases and changes and a way to report issues. I would think this is a design issue not a tester issue

1 Like

That’s not going to happen. Supervisor auto updates to the latest, that’s by design. Others have tried to get that behavior to change and it’s always failed. You’re welcome to try. Just don’t try with me as I didn’t make the decision :wink:

Tell me where and we’re to report supervisor beta issues? I would think 2022.11.0 is not a beta?

In the supervisor github repo

Sorry, didn’t see this. IIRC it is.

Supervisor beta lasts a long time usually.

as dumb as this sounds after running the curl command and they system doing the download how should it react if it worked?

The direct keyboard and monitor connection method worked for me too…

2 Likes

Actually you can disable supervisor auto updates now. That’s why this fr is marked solved:

1 Like