Supervisor tab missing with HAOS

Logged in just to +1 this.

Interesting platform, lots of ins and outs, somewhat confusing terminology (especially regarding the different deployable platforms --which don’t share the same features), and noob-flaming all around, if you should ask a question. Do yourself a favor and avoid the discord at all costs…

7 Likes

Seems to be a sign of the times. I’m somewhat new to HA and first installed the docker version, but quickly realized that it didn’t have supervisor or add-on store. So went through the process of spinning up the HA os on a Raspberry Pi 4. And after all that, the HA web interface came up looking exactly like the docker version – no supervisor tab! After first searching for the answer, then posting a request for help, I did finally locate Supervisor buried in the Configuration. So now, I’m like, what did I do wrong? Why isn’t it in the menu like in every example I’ve ever Googled? Then I find this thread where someone eventually mentions that it’s been moved.

In case someone else needs to know, supervisor appears to be accessible here:

Configuration → Addons, backup and Supervisor

That’s super confusing if you are new and don’t know it, but super simple to write if you do.

16 Likes

When I started with hassio, I found it super confusing to have the Supervisor doing things one would normally expect under Configuration. The new version is much more straight forward.
O.K., lots of tutorials are based on the old version…

Arghhhhh. I’m also here banging my head looking for Supervisor.

“Configuration → Addons, backup and Supervisor” ???

I don’t have “Addons” under Configuration. WTAF. I must be taking crazy pills.

I just want to restore my backup zip.

1 Like

Hmmmm https://github.com/home-assistant/supervisor/issues/2955

OK here’s my issue. My old Pi had Container version. It has “Addons”, even when fully updated. I got a new Pi, clean install. I took a snapshot in Supervisor, like the documentation suggested, and downloaded the zip from the old Pi. Now I’m in a clean docker install, and I’m just learning that Supervisor is no longer in the docker version. No Supervisor Panel Included - #3 by macster2075

What’s the rationale? This is incredibly frustrating. I just want to use the Docker version, and migrate to my new Pi. I’m not a Linux guru, but I have built and configured enough Linux boxes for me to feel like this should be easier.

Before someone asks why not HASS OS… my Pi4 is also a Pihole and a media player. I want to keep it separate.

1 Like

I’m an Insteon orphan and am in process of moving to HA. It would appear that in the last 12 months the HA UI has radically changed and vast majority of the online videos are older. I’m running a full HASS OS (or whatever it called now) under a proxmox VM. And there appear to have been multiple levels of changes :frowning: Supervisor->Configuration->Setting-> ??). I’ve been looking for my “system devices”…about the only thing I have found that works is to use the “Terminal & SSH” add-on and poking around /dev and /proc…I don’t think that is the preferred method (and not for everyone)…but give me a better answer please.
Generally I am really excited about using HA, but getting stalled on these silly items is definitely a distraction/negative.

3 Likes

noob here, and I know y’all are tired of this … but … I’m lost in this mess now.

I’ve read the docs - they’re just wrong - period. I understand that the Supervisor functions have been moved to Configuration.

My problem is … where the heck is “Configuration → Addons, backup and Supervisor”?

I can find Addons and Backups under “Settings” … but that’s it.

All I’m trying to do is follow up on how to get SSH working.

If I’m being totally stoopid and it’s right under my nose - my apologies - somebody hit me on the nose and show me where it is, okay?

Thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face:

–Richard

Oh - if it matters - HAOS on RPI 4b

4 Likes

That’s fine, but the CONFIGURATION panel has also been removed. Only Developer (useless) and Settings

2 Likes

Did anyone figure out where the heck supervisor mode went? I’ve been struggling for weeks trying to learn HA and as mentioned above, all the videos on Youtube are quite out of date from a UI perspective.

3 Likes

Not with the 8.1…not only is Supervisor missing …there ISN’T a Configuration link. this sucks

2 Likes

Before you “Smoke” this thing: download the Add-on “File Editor”. From there you can at least download your Configuration, Scripts, Automation and other “yaml” files that you’ve created. The crappy built-in backup in Settings- System-backups does NOT back these up. And that’s USELESS because the new and improved core DOESN’T have any RESTORE capabilities.
And these developers call themselves Open Source. what a joke

Hello, I’m new here and I’ve installed haos on my Synology 1815+ and need the supervisor too. The system shows that the supervisor exists, but I can’t find it. Is there already a solution for this?

Is Configuration now Settings?

I have a Settings menu on the left with a gear icon. Clicking shows the Settings page and there is an Addons option. The Addons page tells me “You don’t have any add-ons installed yet. Head over to the add-on store to get started!”

No backup and Supervisor. I’m not sure where they went or if I need them.

The UI is looking fresh, but there’s a lot of dust from the major construction.

Home Assistant Core 2022.6.6
Home Assistant Supervisor 2022.05.3
Home Assistant OS 8.2

1 Like

You should be able to find the supervisor tab here:

1. = Settings
  2. = System
  3. = Updates (…updates for ha, addons…)
  4. = bottom right corner blue button

However since im rlly new myself (4 days now), i think it depends on the installation version. In my case its a lxc container on proxmox and my “Updates” page is just empty… (No updates available).

As far as i was able to see there should be a blue button in the bottom right corner which will open the addon-store.

correct me if im wrong.

1 Like

Are you asking for help? What specific task is it that you want to achieve?

probably the same as everyone else; find supervisor.
I have at home on a pi4
at work, boss bought a node red on a NUC, can’t find it…

2 Likes

Yes, but to do what exactly? Can you be more specific?

The new arrangement of the front-end is organised more around putting configuration tasks in categories rather than the old distinction between supervisor and core.

I’m sorry, I don’t understand what you’re referring to here

Supervisor can mean many things. It is a service that comes with various configurations of Home Assistant (but not all). It also used to be a menu grouping many functions the supervisor provides. That menu is long gone. At some point is also was a tab with some status on it. Also gone.

All the functions have moved elsewhere in the Settings menu. So go to settings and look for what function you need (using search button above or just click around). Want to add addons? Look for that. Want to do a backup? look for that. Here and there you will find the word supervisor, but it is most likely not the function you are looking for. Most likely you are looking at the page with the version number or something like that.

And all of the many topics here asking where supervisor is will tell you this again and again. You are looking for the wrong menu from an outdated tutorial. Go to settings to find what you truly need. If you want to know if you have supervisor: If you have the addons menu, you have supervisor.

4 Likes

I know this was an old question, but in case you haven’t found it yet: is is located under System, hardware. Top right menu, pick “All hardware”. Together with options to shutdown or reboot the host system.

5 Likes