Supervisor tab missing with HAOS

Did anyone figure out where the heck supervisor mode went? I’ve been struggling for weeks trying to learn HA and as mentioned above, all the videos on Youtube are quite out of date from a UI perspective.

3 Likes

Not with the 8.1…not only is Supervisor missing …there ISN’T a Configuration link. this sucks

2 Likes

Before you “Smoke” this thing: download the Add-on “File Editor”. From there you can at least download your Configuration, Scripts, Automation and other “yaml” files that you’ve created. The crappy built-in backup in Settings- System-backups does NOT back these up. And that’s USELESS because the new and improved core DOESN’T have any RESTORE capabilities.
And these developers call themselves Open Source. what a joke

Hello, I’m new here and I’ve installed haos on my Synology 1815+ and need the supervisor too. The system shows that the supervisor exists, but I can’t find it. Is there already a solution for this?

Is Configuration now Settings?

I have a Settings menu on the left with a gear icon. Clicking shows the Settings page and there is an Addons option. The Addons page tells me “You don’t have any add-ons installed yet. Head over to the add-on store to get started!”

No backup and Supervisor. I’m not sure where they went or if I need them.

The UI is looking fresh, but there’s a lot of dust from the major construction.

Home Assistant Core 2022.6.6
Home Assistant Supervisor 2022.05.3
Home Assistant OS 8.2

1 Like

You should be able to find the supervisor tab here:

1. = Settings
  2. = System
  3. = Updates (…updates for ha, addons…)
  4. = bottom right corner blue button

However since im rlly new myself (4 days now), i think it depends on the installation version. In my case its a lxc container on proxmox and my “Updates” page is just empty… (No updates available).

As far as i was able to see there should be a blue button in the bottom right corner which will open the addon-store.

correct me if im wrong.

1 Like

Are you asking for help? What specific task is it that you want to achieve?

probably the same as everyone else; find supervisor.
I have at home on a pi4
at work, boss bought a node red on a NUC, can’t find it…

2 Likes

Yes, but to do what exactly? Can you be more specific?

The new arrangement of the front-end is organised more around putting configuration tasks in categories rather than the old distinction between supervisor and core.

I’m sorry, I don’t understand what you’re referring to here

Supervisor can mean many things. It is a service that comes with various configurations of Home Assistant (but not all). It also used to be a menu grouping many functions the supervisor provides. That menu is long gone. At some point is also was a tab with some status on it. Also gone.

All the functions have moved elsewhere in the Settings menu. So go to settings and look for what function you need (using search button above or just click around). Want to add addons? Look for that. Want to do a backup? look for that. Here and there you will find the word supervisor, but it is most likely not the function you are looking for. Most likely you are looking at the page with the version number or something like that.

And all of the many topics here asking where supervisor is will tell you this again and again. You are looking for the wrong menu from an outdated tutorial. Go to settings to find what you truly need. If you want to know if you have supervisor: If you have the addons menu, you have supervisor.

4 Likes

I know this was an old question, but in case you haven’t found it yet: is is located under System, hardware. Top right menu, pick “All hardware”. Together with options to shutdown or reboot the host system.

5 Likes

I figured out instead of installing haos in docker, I installed it in a vm on my synology Nas. SR now shows up. Followed the guide for installing on Virtulbox

I couldn’t find Supervisor, now I read it’s in Configuration, but I can’t find Configuration either. I can see why some people hate on HA

3 Likes

Left panel, last topic. You might have not realized, that the left bar is scrollable and the last topics have vanished down under.

That, and Configuration is now called Settings. Things move around all the time as Home Assistant configuration is being revamped step by step.

2 Likes

If people are still stuck for the Supervisor shortcut, use this url…

http://homeassistant.local:8123/hassio/system/info

Create custom panel changes in configuration, problem solved.

panel_custom:
  - name: ha_system
    sidebar_title: System Info
    sidebar_icon: mdi:information-variant
    js_url: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js
    url_path: "hassio/system/info"
    embed_iframe: true
    require_admin: true
    config:
      ingress: core_configurator
27 Likes

Thank you so much! I cannot believe not one single person offered a solution to OPs question (offering a link to the “official instructions” is Microsoft support level lazy), and it is beyond ridiculous they just removed this page from the UI. I thought I was going crazy after the last several updates when I suddenly couldn’t find anything.

The new “Settings” page is atrocious - it feels more like random items placed in arbitrary groups than an intuitive UI. A dedicated button at the top for home assistant cloud? Come on. I love open source software, Home Assistant, and the community and I sincerely hope this is not a sign of the direction this project is going.

4 Likes

LoL. Your most welcome.

I feel your pain. The UI is very mixed up and confusing. Personally, I never use the settings tab.
Shortcuts made via the URL and custom Panel is all I need. :slight_smile:

Thought I’d post here while trying to find the Supervisor URL my self…
Finally found the URL within code of an update notification blueprint :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Thanks for the tip on custom panels. I will be doing that for the panels I use most frequently. I’m tired of hunting for what I need.

Many thanks from me too (and to the devs, please never remove the option for us to get to this).

Thanks