Supervisor update 2021.06.8 to 2021.08.1 Failing

Thank - tried but again it didn’t help.

The error message is saying that the image isn’t found, so I’m wondering if the issue is local to my device (although I can wget the same url fine, albeit to the wrong place).

1 Like

Took the SD card out to make a back-up image of it, and it’s now been about 15-20 minutes in starting up. So if it does dein to come back then I’ll give that a go, or if not I’ll burn a new one and restore from backup…

Edited to add - rebooted with a monitor connected, there’s a fail for the kernel time sync but aside from that it gets to the ha> prompt. But whilst i can connect to the observer on port 4357, I can’t connect to the dashboard on port 8123 nor SSH in.

I’m getting the feeling it’s time to cut my losses and do a new card and restore things if I can from yesterday’s backup.

Well it didn’t come back up, so I burned a new card and restored yesterday’s backup.

So I have no idea quite what happened to the original, but the new one is now up and running again on Supervisor 08.1 and all is working. Only glitch is a corrupted database, but I can live with that…

But thanks to everyone who chipped in with ideas to try and help with the problem, especially to @francisp

1 Like

I’m having the exact same issue with supervisor not updating, though in a VM on Proxmox instead of an RPi.
I even had it crash so hard I had to run a supervisor repair in order to get it to come back up at all.

I’ll give backing it up and reinstalling, then restoring the back up a shot if no one has any new ideas…
What is the best way to restore a backup if I can’t inject it directly into the FS?

A lot of people suggested that this is a DNS related issue, which is correct a lot of times.

However this is points to a DNS issue related to Docker and not Home Assistant necessarily. So depending on your setup, you might need to change DNS settings in your OS.

For me this happened after changing my network settings from DHCP to a static IP address, and I forgotten to manually enter the DNS server in Debian.