Supervisor Won't Start

Yeah, that’s not ideal. If you haven’t done it already I suggest you make a feature request to disable automatic updates here: https://community.home-assistant.io/c/feature-requests

It’s the first time I’ve had any issues, but if it’s after every supervisor release you should open a ticket about it to find the root cause.

Same issue here on ubuntu 18.04 since this morning.

Yesterday, HA showed the supervisor update in the Supervisor section, but I did NOT install it.
Apparently, it did not stop it from being installed automatically a couple of hours later…

This is not the first time these automatic updates broke stuff. The last time was the introduction of the DNS thing that broke internet connectivity for a lot of people.

Ugh, glad I found this thread, been pulling my hair out as to why things were suddenly having problems! The latter recommendations worked to resolve my problem. Not a fan of automatic updates, I’ve stopped unattended-upgrades in Ubuntu 18.04 because of that.

I’ve opened a request here: [supervisor] option for disabling auto-updates

2 Likes

Same here.

The solution from night worked for me.

Thinking about getting rid of hassio and managing core and addons myself through Docker/Portainer…

I’ve opened a request here: [supervisor] option for disabling auto-updates

Thanks I added my vote to your thread.

1 Like

Same issue here and can confirm solution from night got things going again. I’m also on Ubuntu.

yes, is there a way to mark Night’s solution as THE solution? Worked for me too and saved me so much time.

Is there anyone who knows how to run the update if I can’t remember my Ubuntu username anymore?
Or knows how to find my username on a headless Ubuntu 18.04. Running Hassio on headless Ubuntu server and nothing starts anymore but since I don’t know my username I am just stuck…
And somehow posting here gave me a brainwave. Remembered my login and with the help of this great community was able to fix the problem.
Updated and running again!

1 Like

+1
@mostlychris, would you consider editing your original post to point to the thorough solution in the comment from @night? Thanks!

@night fixed it

I run @night command as root but get no response back other than the cursor…

You need to describe the situation in more detail if we’re going to be able to help you.

What platform are you running on? Raspberry pi, Linux server (Ubuntu for instance).
What exactly did you try? Did you run the command on the host or inside a docker container? Try to recreate your steps and describe it here.

I’ve just installed Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi in a venv. I noticed that Supervisor isn’t showing up in the interface. How can I fix that?

1 Like

Same here. Followed instructions to the T.

Comment Removed.

1 Like

Thanks… This wasn’t clear to me (new user) from the website!

If I have installed Hassio in a RPI3+ and receives the following error:
Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js.

I do not use docker, I simply took the image, used Balenaetcher and burned the image to the SD-card and updated Hassio and now I receive this error message. Im afraid that if I reboot my raspberry pi , it wont boot up in the GUI anymore. Any solution?

I do have SSH Access and GUI access from browser.

1 Like

Did this just happen again? I’m getting the same entrypoint.js error. However, supervisor appears to be running.

Just as a fyi. The afore mentioned link is now down (got a error 404). The new command should now be:

curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/home-assistant/supervised-installer/master/installer.sh | bash -s

(as mentioned at the github supervised installer page
It worked for me. (I’m at Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS)

After this I had multiple errors showing that HA was unable to update stuff. This had to do with the dns needed updating. For this I followed these instructions.

2 Likes