Support for Argon1 Raspberry case

I would love to see an implementation that supports the Argon1 case for PI 4 adding Fan controle.

I’m quite new to home assistant, but since ha is docker based, I found no good and easy way for hardware access of implementations.
Would be awesome tho, if someone got it working =)

1 Like

Did you find a solution yet?

I’ve recently created an integration that allows controlling the fan in the case.

This is an early version, but please give it a try. One important thing: you must enable I2C. You can use this instruction: I2c not working on the Pi4

Feature version will use confg flow and will check if I2C is enabled.

2 Likes

Thank you for your work on this!

1 Like

Hi, may i know is there anyway i can set my Argon1 case to auto power up Home asssitant after power failure? Currently I have to press the power button to start HA after power restart.

Depends on what version of the fan board is in your case. If you take the bottom panel off you should be able to see a board version/revision…

Edit: Here is a photo with the v1 board on the right and the v2 board on the left. On the v1 board, you can’t enable auto-on, it wasn’t a feature they had thought of at the time.
On the v2 board, you just switch the jumper in the bottom left.

If your board is a v1.x then you can enable auto-on via a serial command, I just can’t remember where I found it when I first went looking for it…

I created an Add-on which contains all the automations required within a single package you don’t need to worry about, here.

Update:. I created a dedicated addon here.

Great work Adam!

1 Like