Support for GE Appliances (SmartHQ)

I guess is a work in progress for now.
At the moment I help to integrate AC with usb wifi pen. So if you have some AC like me, you can see some infos in previous post, in this thread, soon… dreams come true!

Sorry, I don’t come here that often.

@joshewing02, I responded to the issue on github - it looks like there’s some sort of invalid credential there (maybe a special character issue?). Let’s figure it out over at github.

@RobertusIT and I have been working through the Split A/C (and others have helped me with the Window A/C, I think that we’re getting close to having these in HA too.

Hi… firstly, thank you for picking up the torch on this project and keeping it going. I’m new to HA, like many others, and am really just starting to understand a lot of how this all works.

I was able to get the integration installed ok and in general everything is working well. My main curiosity is around your UI examples in the github repo. How did you build out the “Oven Controls” card?

Those are actually just the built-in entity cards for the oven (well, for “water heaters” which is what we’re using to simulate an oven). You’d just click on your oven entity and turn it on and it should appear. Hope this helps!

Yep I found it. Thanks, @simbaja!

The HACS step worked for me but when adding the integration, I get config flow could not be loaded. Usually uninstall, reinstall clear these up, but not this time. Is there a file somewhere I need to delete?

Just wanted to say thank you and that this works with the new Series 9 Fisher & Paykel washing machines which use SmartHQ.

1 Like

Hello,

Sorry for the dufus question … I don’t know where / get prompted to enter my username/password for SmartHQ.

I added the repository, rebooted … but then can’t find the integration anywhere?

Any idea’s?

All the best

Jason

All sorted … had to update HACS and reboot Host not just the server fixed it.

Thank you so much for this integration !!!

1 Like

Is anyone else having issues with the appliances connecting to google? After the “Turkey Mode” update for my GE induction stove, Google cannot see the stove. I disconnected the integration and set it up again and now google cannot see any of my devices. THoughts?

This is amazing! I’ve been bringing in my oven status through IFTTT for over a year now, didn’t even know this integration existed. Easy to setup via HACS and picked up my device right away.

Has anybody found any cool lovelace cards for appliances like there is for vacuums and such?

Hint for anyone running on Docker without HACS - I needed to restart the docker container running home assistant to get it to discover the new custom_component directory contents. Just restarting home assistant server from the web UI was not sufficient.

1 Like

I am having problems with authentication. Always keep getting an ‘Invalid Authentication’ even though username and password successfully connect the app…
Any ideas?

Hey I installed everything but where do I login to get stuff going?

Edit: Nvm, I needed to go into Integrations Menu and add it! Thank you it’s great!

Seeing the same issue. Credentials work for the iPhone app, but HA refuses to accept them.

Update: With the appearance of the US checkbox, credentials were accepted.

Is this still working? I am searching for it in HACS and it does not appear. If I use the link that was provided I get this error “The integration does not support configuration via the UI”.

Thanks!

You have to use the github URL provided and do a “custom integration” in HACS…
In theory.
I didn’t get it to work yet. I added the custom integration in HACS, downloaded the repository.
Then when I went to add the integration as usual, there was NOT a “GE Home” option.
Any help? =D

Turns out I had to completely reboot the host (running HA in a kvm). The integration is there now. After logging in it recognized my appliances right away. Thank you so much @simbaja for your hard work!!

I have this installed, but is there a way to change my oven entity to be an oven? HA has the entity id as: water_heater.snltxxxxxxxx_oven

And is there any way to include a on/off feature other than using sabbath mode? I forward my HA to HomeKit, and things are wonky due to the water heater label and lack of any on/off sensor or switch.

1 Like

I’m running Home Assistant on a docker container…
I installed HACS and GE Home from custom repository… all good… but i cannot login into SmartHQ :frowning:

i’m in Europe…

can anybody help me?