Support for GE Appliances (SmartHQ)

If you haven’t already, reboot the actual machine the docker container lives on.

I rebooted the Raspberry Pi and nothing changes… It seems I cannot login :frowning:

I’m no longer using the container version, but remember it being tricky.

Try reloading the integration. Then stop your docker container
docker container stop homeassistant
, next reboot the host machine, and finally restart the docker container
docker container restart homeassistant
. Your script may vary based on your container naming and permission level + OS.

i tried but I keep getting “Failed to set up: Could not authenticate to SmartHQ”

i really don’t understand

I had to create an US account even though i’m in Europe and now it works!

So I guess the code for the EU version is broken :frowning:

1 Like

Can anybody confirm if the SmartHQ integration requires an active internet connection

I’m considering buying a GE washer - GFW850SPNRS and GE dryer - GFD85ESMNRS. With this integration, will I be able to remotely start the washer and dryer?

Thanks for your help!

Look here

Thanks Gary. It’s not clear to me what functionality to expect for washer/dryer from the README.

I agree. The interface for each appliance varies and no one has posted them all. I would say if the dealer could demonstrate SmartHQ functions, you might get an idea of what controls you may have. This is a limited integration, so I wouldn’t expect all the bells and whistles.

I have that exact washer. You can’t remote control it. Basically all the wifi is good for is telling you when your wash is done, how far a long it is, and nagging you through your phone if you leave your clothes in for too long.

It does a pretty good job washing and has been very easy on clothes soap use though.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

There is a custom external adapter you can build to connect the washer and dryer to HA using ESPhome. This doesn’t require the SmartHQ cloud, all local polling. It currently supports cycle state, no remote controls. I recall @puddly was using the the GEA bus to spoof user input to control a washer. So if you really wanted to implement remote start it might be possible.

3 Likes

I was able to add the respository and find the integration just fine, but when I first try to add the new integration, it gives me the “Please wait, starting configuration wizard for GE Home” and then after about 60 seconds, I get the error of “Config flow could not be loaded: Unknown error”.

Any advice on this error?

I have the Cafe Coffee Maker and the integration found it easily. All the sensors seems to be working but the buttons and sliders don’t seem to be doing anything. Does controlling devices work with this?

I removed the integration and re-added it. Now the controls are working! This was just about a minute ago, so have not done any further testing, but hopefully this sticks :grinning:

Hi there! I’ve done all the steps to integrate then GE home right like you’ve shown in github but when I enter my SmartHQ username and password I get this thing later image_2023-03-02_195201160
Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Hey there, trying to log in which region?

Someone above stated that they had to create a US region account, as the Europe one seemd to be broken:

Hi there, this integration is great and gives me a ton of sensors to make automations from. I have a GE smart Washer (PFW950SPTDS), electric Dryer (PFD95ESPTDS) and Refrigerator (CYE22TP3MD1). Lots of sensors, but very few controls - for example, I couldn’t set the fridge to heat water or the washer to sanitize because the control isn’t available. The mobile app allows control, but does the SmartHQ API support it? Or how can I help make that happen?

Is the integration using the cloud to discover the local appliances and then gets information local?
Or is it always going over the cloud? It would be cool to have it working completely local. E.g. my Water Filter has a local IP. There is no way directly into it? I kinda not like these cloud only solutions where the server gets offlne one day and then you own a brick.

This filter: GXWH70M | GE® Smart Whole House Water Filtration System | GE Appliances Parts