Support for GE Appliances (SmartHQ)

Hello, I have Monogram appliances and running SmartHQ without issues.

One item I missing is status for cooktop in this integration, however it is available in the SmartHQ android app. I’d like to run automation based on the cooktop status.

The oven was identified as “GE Oven SS906031P” with model “ZDP366NT1SS by GE”.

Any help is appreciated. It seems that there is a support in the code for cooktop.

I know this is an old post, but just wanted to say I love your integration! Found my way to thsi post (and your integration) through a Google search.

I have the Monogram Gas Range and am missing the status of the cooktop as well. Like you, I see the cooktop status in the SmartHQ app, but not in the integration.

I am glad to see that I can get most of the status in this integration. Thanks to the team who are working on this!

I’m using the GE Home Integration for monitoring my Fisher & Paykel dishwasher, it was working fine with HA Core 2023.4.6 - but now that I’ve updated to 2023.6.2 it no longer displays any devices or entities.

I have deleted the GE Home Integration and reinstalled it without any success.

The Integration still works ok and I can log into my account, it just doesn’t see my Dishwasher even though it is still available in the SmartHQ App.

Has anyone else noticed that their appliances have disappeared from Home Assistant and is there anything I can do to get it back ?

Yes. The integration hasn’t worked for me since 6.0.

2 Likes

I have not updated beyond 2023.5.4, so cannot confirm.

I recommend rebooting your host machine. If still not working, check your logs and open an issue on GitHub to help the developer out.

I see another person reported it stops with 2023.6.x as well, but the developer needs the info if that build is indeed the issue.

1 Like

I initially had issues upgrading to HA 2023.7. I completely removed the integration, deleted the repository from HACS restarted HA and added the repo back v0.67 and added the integration, and it all came back up with my devices (Dishwasher, Water Softener).

1 Like

I have been getting this warning for quite a while, just thought I’d bring it up here and see if anyone else is experiencing this.
I am running a VM under Windows 11
Home Assistant 2023.9.2
Supervisor 2023.09.2
Operating System 10.5
Frontend 20230911.0 - latest

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: slixmpp.stringprep
Source: custom_components/ge_home/update_coordinator.py:8
Integration: GE Home (documentation)
First occurred: 15:01:58 
Last logged: 15:01:58

Using slower stringprep, consider compiling the faster cython/libidn one.

I’ve just installed HACS and added the GE Home integration.

My login for SmartHQ worked and I can now see my Fisher & Paykel dishwasher, with the dozens of sensors listed.

All the sensors read as unavailable, even when the dishwasher is running and I can see the status in the SmartHQ app.

Does anyone have their dish drawer working in the current version?

Added/connected the GE Home integration no problem.

We have the Advantium “Five in one” wall oven. It’s basically a microvave/convection oven combo, with an additional 3rd heating element. Tons of sensors are exposed. But the main device card is only a static temp reading card. Really I think it should look like the upper oven card shown in the GitHub. Perhaps it’s because I don’t have remote controls enabled?

Furthermore, it always shows a temp of 126, when off. I’ve also pulled it into HomeKit and it shows as a thermostat. I’m sure that’s because in HA is has to be listed as a water heater. It’s all fine that the HomeKit doesn’t really do much, I was just curious as to what it would do.

So is this integration going to the cloud to get the status or is it reporting to HA? Basically would I get information / status if the internet is unavailable?

I have this installed, but is there a way to change my oven entity to be an oven? HA has the entity id as: water_heater.snltxxxxxxxx_oven

And is there any way to include a on/off feature other than using sabbath mode? I forward my HA to HomeKit, and things are wonky due to the water heater label and lack of any on/off sensor or switch.

@simbaja Is the water heater entity the only option for ovens? I’m in the same boat with HomeKit and unable to get the oven to operate properly.

Even if there were separate switches for bake, temp, etc. I think it will work for most users since they primarily use HomeKit Bridge for Siri voice automation only.

Has @puddly ever made anything public about how they were able to spoof those inputs?

Everything related to the project is open source: casserole/casserole/casserole.py at c102ab5611e1ac120232d5e9ba64976b9c747174 · puddly/casserole · GitHub

1 Like

Thank you so very much for making this integration. I’m new to Home assistant so I’m still stumbling through things.
Is there any way to measure how much power my washing Machine is using?

great integration for my new appliances. Thanks

Did you ever get a resolution/answer to this? I have the same problem with the water_heater point.

Has anyone else been logged out of the GE Home app ? I’m trying to log back in and it is not allowing me back in.

Yes. I think about 2024.4.0.

Yes that sounds about right.

Just wondering if anyone has had any success at all - or have they changed something in the backend and the integration now requires an update ?