Support for Mysa thermostat

It bothered me having the humidity stat not showing, but available so I created a vertical stack card w/ that entity below like so:

type: vertical-stack
cards:
  - type: thermostat
    entity: climate.mysa_dddddd
  - type: entities
    entities:
      - entity: sensor.mysa_living_room_humidity
    show_header_toggle: false

Card

I’d still love to see some other stats/functions integrated, but I’m guessing they aren’t available in Apple/HomeKit and it’s a Mysa problem before its a HA problem.

Is it possible to add the Mysa’s by hand in the configuration file? I have HA running in a VM (kvm) on a laptop, and this creates a whole load of issues which makes the pairing tricky (mdns not passing between subnets, no wireless bridging etc). I can set the pairing mode and see them using avahi-browse from the host machine, but that’s not where HA is running. Would be great if this was possible somehow. Any ideas?!

I tried (and succeeded, thanks in part to this thread) to connect my Mysa to HA. Unfortunately, as was discussed earlier, when paired with HA there is no way to control the light.

This is somewhat of a showstopper for me as I don’t want the default lighting in some areas (the bedroom for example). Did anyone find a way around that? I fully expected the light instance to be exposed via Homekit. :frowning:

This is sad, the only reason I swapped my thermostats to Mysas was to track the temperatures in HA, but this is still not possible. Had I known this upfront I would have probably bought Sinopé units instead, as those work just fine with HA.

Disappointingly, there doesn’t seem to be a way to read the energy usage either (this is also not exposed via Homekit, only the Mysa app), but I kind of expected that. AFAIK you can’t see the energy usage with Sinopé either.

The older hardware version of Mysa stats would integrate both entities, but the newest versions don’t seem to be acting the same.

I have old v1 stats that import as (2) entities and new v1-1 stats that import only the climate entity. Currently I am trying to figure out how to get the light entity to come through the integration of the new sensors as well. Any advice?

Odd thing is that both sets of hardware are running the same firmware versions…

I gave up and returned all my Mysas, replaced them with Sinopé TH1123ZB. Much happier! Zigbee version is supported natively by ZHA so you don’t have to buy the hub if you don’t care for the native cloud services.

Zigbee version of the Sinopé returns live energy usage in Watts, and the clock is automatically set by ZHA, those ended up being nice extras.

IMO the fact that the Mysa forces you to choose between HA integration or their app kind of ruined the whole deal for me. I would have probably stuck with it if everything had been exposed via the Homekit interface.

1 Like

this thread was very helpful… looks like I have the v1.1, so there is no longer a light sensor/entity brought over from home assistant.

something extra, throw in this to your sensors…
icon_template: mdi:water-percent
this will give a nice icon (water droplet with percent) for the humidity.

Side notes: It took my 4hrs to get my thermostat paired to my network, homekit and home assistant! By far was the worst device to add! I have my WiFi network (Wireless) split from my hardwired devices (LAN) and my WiFi network was mixed 2.4/5Ghz, so ended up creating a new WiFi network (WiFi/Lan) and setting that on the LAN network using only 2.4Ghz. For whatever reason(s), having HA and Mysa on different subnets was causing a disconnect/routing issue. I used Unifi gear, so this was easy to do. Also took me several attempts of getting things to pair.

Here is the process I went through:
Network setup so HA and Homekit device (Mysa) were on same subnet.
Reset Mysa device to pairing mode, uninstalled the app from iPhone and flushed all cache/data. Also did this for homekit (had to go into iCloud and uncheck homekit for it to remove settings). Rebooted HA server while I was at it… Next (I used my laptop, which was also joined to my new WiFi network for Mysa) and used it to join the Mysa to the network. At this point I could see stats on Unifi for Mysa but the T-Stat would not show up in the Mysa app until I pair it to homekit on my iPhone. Once that was done, the app was configured. Next I removed Mysa device from the iPhone homekit and uninstalled homekit. I ended up having to reboot HomeAssistant once more because it would not pair (kept complaining about another homekit controller trying to pair). After the reboot, it was auto discovered by HA and I just need to insert the homekit code.

At this point I have the iOS app working, it responds (and gives me all the options available). And HA is also paired to it and is able to control it. The Mysa app will not show a homekit connection (it will if it is using homekit on your iPhone)…

Oh, another nice thing I found, the T-Stat mentions nothing about a cove radiant heater model, just Baseboard and Floor heating, but in the options there is a 3rd mode “Radiant”.
My Cove heaters are Dayton units (a little over 1000w each) I use 2 in series.

It’s not a routing issue - Homekit needs bonjour forwarding, or bonjour gateway enabled across subnets - otherwise the traffic stays within the current broadcast domain.

good info… I will see what I can find on unifi to enable this across all subnets

UPDATE: found it. In the UNIFI --> settings --> services --> mDNS (enable this)
works!

Hi Benoit, glad you’re happy with your Sinopés! Just for the benefit of the community, you can definitely have your Mysas integrated in both HA and the ios Mysa app at the same time. This is what I’m currently running for all my Mysas.

Your post also leads me to my second point: has anyone found a way to detect/control the missing pieces from the Mysas? In particular control the light and access the power consumption?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Did you find a way to access power consumption of Mysa in home assistant?

Unfortunately no. But to be fair I stopped searching… :wink:

1 Like

best way would be to contact support and ask for the feature.

other best way is to spam their social media :slight_smile:

If anyone is interested, I was able to run Tasmota on the Mysa v1.1.3. The instructions are in Blakadder’ device repository.

All works, except the LED. It requires a brain transplant, since the ESP32 chip it comes with is locked and encrypted, but otherwise everything works smoothly.

So for what it’s worth, I picked up a few Baseboard v2 devices and connected them via homekit. They seem to have solved a lot of the connectivity issues I experience with my v1 model (basically the v1 will hang sometimes). I never bought any of the v1.1’s so I can’t say if that was ever a problem there or not.

V2 Still can only control the light from inside the Mysa app (while my V1 still has a light entity), and you still only get the same temp & humidity sensors as before. They don’t expose the new light sensor (bummer).

Is anyone using the Mysa for Air Conditioners for a mini-split? I’ve got mine set up in the Mysa app and HA but a lot of the functionality is missing (dry mode, auto fan speed, swing control, display light, usage) in HA.

Does anyone have any thoughts or tips on getting these into HA?

It’s up to Mysa to expose those features through Homekit

How did you get it working in HA and the Mysa app? Also, do you know the format of the pairing code? It shows as xxxx xxxx (2 separate rows), but the HA instructions say pairing code should be entered as xxx-xx-xxxx.

Hi,
It is a bit tricky, but first thing is to reset Mysa into pairing mode (hold up & down on Mysa). Then, pair with the Mysa app and, as soon as it pairs, also pair with HA (using the Homekit component). Although the numbering format is different, you indeed need to use those 8 digits to pair. You may need to retry a few times but eventually it should work. Let me know if it does not.
Cheers

1 Like

Thanks that got it working

I’ll also drop a note to Mysa letting them know. So much better to have it integrated into Home Assistant.

1 Like

Hey - which version of the thermostat are you using? v1 or v2? Know the firmware version?