Support for Mysa thermostat

Same here, I wanted to create automation for the Dry Mode, but I can’t because the HomeKit integration does not show these functions. I guess it’s up to MYSA to expose these features. I already wrote to MYSA asking them if they plan to do it soon.

Did they reply?

No, but I just replied them to my February 13 email and asked for an update

I’m having little trouble figuring out what exactly works, or doesn’t work, with Home Assistant control of the Mysa v1 or v2. This thread is pretty long, and I’m new here, so I don’t always understand what’s being referred to (e.g. what’s “dry mode”?).

My plan would be to use the Homekit integration in Home Assistant. I don’t plan on using the app unless I absolutely have to, and intend to firewall the thermostat from the cloud most of the time.

Remotely, from HA, I need to be able to:

• Set the setpoint
  • Read the setpoint
  • Read the current temperature
  • Controlling the illumination would be nice, but not necessary. (Is it possible to dim/brighten from the thermostat itself?)

Regarding operation without access to the cloud:
I assume there are many features available from the app that might not be present in the HA support. As an example, configuring the ambient light and proximity sensors might not be available. If configured from the app, will those settings survive later on if there’s a power outage? I understand the thermostat does remember setpoints and schedules. Will it remember things like whether to use the ambient light and proximity sensors? (Those are just examples. There are probably other preferences and settings that are similar – uncontrollable from HA, and which would be nice if their settings were persistent.)

Many thanks in advance for your help!

The instructions that worked for me were found here:

Like the original poster on reddit, I found that if I didn’t pair home assistant with the thermostat before leaving the “Confirm” button in the phone app on-boarding/pairing process I could not get Home Assistant to pair. I even got a new Homekit device alert, but every time I click configure it would time out. When pairing with the phone app pair using Mysa and not Homekit, don’t worry Homekit will still be visible to Home Assistant for pairing.

If you’ve already configured your thermostat, you may need to reset it. Here’s a link to the directions: How do I factory reset the Mysa thermostat? | WarmlyYours
I found for my V2 these reset instructions weren’t exactly right. I never got the display to show “FR” (factory reset?) but I did eventually get back to the initial on boarding. You’ll need to delete your thermostat from your Mysa app as well before starting the pairing process again.

As best I can tell “Dry Mode” looks to be an option for the Mysa split unit AC controllers to maybe dehumidify. Not applicable to the baseboard heat controllers.

1 Like

I have had a MYSA v2 for a year and it’s been working great with the Homekit Controller integration. I recently added a new stat for a different heater but HK is not discovering it so I’m at a loss as to how to add it. The “Enable newly added entities” option is enabled.

Sounds like there is still no way to get power data into HA from these units but basic control and operation stats work? IE vi homekit you can see when it is heating / not heating etc?

I have 3 dumb baseboard heaters (just dials) was thinking of upgrading all of them but if the power data can’t be exported I might just get the new lite version

Hi,

Did you succeeded having your mysa thermostat work with HA?
My mysa thermostat are no longer being discovered by HA and I found no solution to date.

Thanks

When I did it, I added it to the Mysa app (NOT homekit), then went through the firmware updates.

Then to get it to discover I restarted it again, and it seems to be discoverable for a few min after startup.

Once connected I have had no issues.

If you joined it to apple instead of HA, you may have to reset it and try again.

Hi BlinkyLights,

Here is what I did into the Mysa app with my Mysa v2:

METHOD 1

• Initiated the setup process
  • Paired it into the app but did not click on “Confirm” at the end
  • Open HA and not discovered

METHOD 2

• Initiated the setup process
  • Paired it into the app and clicked on “Confirm” at the end
  • Open HA and not discovered

I know this will sound crazy, but when was the last time you added you thermostat? If you are using Mysa v2 as well, can you please remove one of your thermostat and add it again while noting down each steps for me?

It’s hard to have these thermostat whithout getting the best out of them.

Many thanks.