Support for Nest Protect

I still need diagnostics to fix this, since apparently for some users this doesn’t work. See GitHub issues about it and which diagnostics are needed.

1 Like

Thank you for your hard work, I also got a smoke alarm (false flag) but no hit in HA (Core 2023.1.6).

do you have link what do you have in mind?

could somebody help me to find the ““access token”” to install ?

Hi, as i read in the readme and in several posts, for the battery version it does not support occupancy sensor.
Is this a limitation of the battery powered version? Or Could we expect it working in the future?

Since it should have the sensor to trigger the pathlight right? Just wondering. (i bought it for this function but now it seems not to be available :X should have done more research before i think.

And by the way, thanks for all the effort

Hardware limitation.

1 Like

But it does not make sense… Sensor triggers pathlight. So it is all the time in use anyway. Issue then could be only software not to share this information further

You could also call it a software limitation on the Nest Protect side. My guess is that constantly updating the value will drain the battery, and thus they didn’t enable this in the firmware. The pathlight is mechanically connected probably, thus costs less battery than having to communicate the new state via the internet.

1 Like

Great integration. Is there anyway to change the status update times instead of restarting HA?

The cookies method worked for me ha-nest-protect/README.md at main · nicoinch/ha-nest-protect · GitHub

just updated to 3.11 and this has broken my integration… i cant even get the old version installed to get back to the cookie method. any help would be great?

Thanks

As mentioned in the changelog, this update does not contain the cookie method, thus if you need the cookie method it is not wise to update.

You should be able to just download the cookie method branch again and run this? What is the issue you face there? :slight_smile:

i read the changelog but not closely enough! Its my own fault

thanks for your quick response, i click on the install via hacs on the branch and it just doesnt work. i get the following message
“This integration does not support configuration via the UI. If you followed this link from the Home Assistant website, make sure you run the latest version of Home Assistant.”

i fixed it :slight_smile: i did some digging and worked out how to install the whole of the other branch. In hindsight i should have just rolled back to my overnight back up. and going forwards i’ll read the change log properly!

1 Like

No worries, I can understand that it is confusing. Unfortunately I have been very busy in the last months and thus no time to really work on implementing the cookie method.

Does anyone know how to revert back to the old version? My backups are gone when I realized this had stopped working.

Not possible, only if you have a backup. The issue is not in the integration, but in a breaking change on the Google server.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying this. I had a related question, but is answered now.

Hi,
Could you please provide a bit more details about the solution that you found to avoid the error message?
Thank you

Please ignore it. I found a way to make it work.

Setting this up from new, get same error as others… “access blocked: nest’s request is invalid”. Wanting to add NEST Protect.

Note on the OOB Google page:

Key compliance dates

• February 28, 2022 - new OAuth usage blocked for the OOB flow
  • September 5, 2022 - a user-facing warning message may be displayed to non-compliant OAuth requests
  • October 3, 2022 - the OOB flow is deprecated for OAuth clients created before February 28, 2022
  • January 31, 2023 - all existing clients are blocked (including exempted clients). Clients may request a one-time extension to continue using the OOB flow until January 31, 2023, as instructed in the email message sent to affected clients.

Being it’s after Jan 31 2023, am I out of luck? Tried the cookies method but it makes zero sense to me, what do I do with the issues_token and cookies?!

EDIT: Ah right, add a later version in via HACS

2 Likes