Support for Nest Protect

The error is the following:

Error 400: invalid_request
The out-of-band (OOB) flow has been blocked in order to keep users secure. Follow the Out-of-Band (OOB) flow migration guide linked in the developer docs below to migrate your app to an alternative method.
Request detauls: redirect_uri=urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob

Additionally, it provides the following link: Panduan Migrasi alur Out-of-Band (OOB)  |  Authorization  |  Google Developers

I hope this helps.

I have Nest protect integrated, everything in HA looks ok. But I had smoke alarm triggered, I got notification from Nest app, alarm was turned on, but nothing in HA and if I check history, nothing is mentioned…

not sure why, but i’ve been logged out of the install on my home assistant instance.

Why has this happened? How do i stop it from happening again? (Ps im using the workaround that @nicoinch supplied)

I got the same issue when the cookie I was using expired. I had to do again the process of cookie retrieval, updated my config and it worked.

1 Like

I’ve installed this integration twice, once a few weeks (Dec 7th) and then once again today. Does anyone else get these sign on alerts pictured below after they install this integration:

The image below was from today right after I installed the integration and went through all the steps

The image below includes both the first time I installed the integration (December 7th at 2:43 am) and the second time (Today Dec 18th) . The first time I freaked out and changed all my passwords because I don’t own a nexus 5 so I assumed I had been hacked. Now the second time, the alert email says Nexus 5 again but on the google security checkup page it states the sign on was from a MAC at the exact same time. I don’t own or use a MAC or a nexus 5.

Any advice or guidance is greatly appreciated.

I’m afraid Iæm gettign the Error 400 as well. Any advice on this? image

1 Like

Can anyone clearly explain to me how I can get proper access to my OS files? I’m running HA OS (latest version) on an RPi. I can’t seem to be able to get the correct permissions to remove the old nest_protect folder from custom_components and I’m struggling even more when I try to manually upload @nicoinch solution.
I’ve got the Terminal and SSH addon, but permissions don’t allow me to delete folders with files in them. When I try to upload nicoinch’s files, I’m getting nowhere at all. Can’t seem to copy from local (Chromebook) to my RPi. When I try to do the same from the Terminal on my Chromebook, I can’t even get onto the RPi…
Have already spent 2 nights (as in still busy when the sun rises) on this but I still can’t get it to work.

Hi @nicoinch , I tried it today and failed with an unexpected error. This is the entry in the logs:

Logger: custom_components.nest_protect
Source: custom_components/nest_protect/pynest/client.py:168
Integration: Nest Protect ([documentation](https://github.com/imicknl/ha-nest-protect), [issues](https://github.com/imicknl/ha-nest-protect/issues))
First occurred: 09:08:05 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 09:08:05

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/config/custom_components/nest_protect/config_flow.py", line 104, in async_step_account_link [issue_token, cookies] = await self.async_validate_input(user_input) File "/config/custom_components/nest_protect/config_flow.py", line 62, in async_validate_input await client.authenticate( File "/config/custom_components/nest_protect/pynest/client.py", line 168, in authenticate async with self.session.post( File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aiohttp/client.py", line 1138, in __aenter__ self._resp = await self._coro File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aiohttp/client.py", line 466, in _request with timer: File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aiohttp/helpers.py", line 721, in __exit__ raise asyncio.TimeoutError from None asyncio.exceptions.TimeoutError

There is a timeout when the client tries to authenticate, should be a temporary problem with the server or your network. Maybe a retry will pass/

Just spent the last week getting home assistant set up on my existing server specifically for the nest protect integration to find this. @nicoinch and @imick looking forward to seeing a successful PR.

I tried to download the version from @nicoinch and managed to get the files copied into the custom_components folder but nothing would show in the UI. I probably got something wrong.

Hi
Im also want to install it, but i have no HACS
so a want to install it Manually first to test
i copied the file custom_components/nest_protect to my (/root/config/custom_components) folder.
now i can install it manually (+ADD INTERGRATION)

but cannot find the ““access token””

Worked for me too. Ship it! :wink:

I’ve finally figured out the issue. Using my external HA URL was failing, however, when I switched to my internal IP address it worked immediately.

Am getting this error now to.
My setup was requestion a re-configuration but is only prompted with a screen to enter my code but get the link to properly guide me to the google cloud console…

I have changed my account password recently, perhaps thats related?

3 days in an still the same issue.
Any suggestions?

This is the error I get when I press the “Authorize your account” link to get the access token.
I have had this integration working before.

See Error 400: invalid_request when authenticating with Google · Issue #105 · iMicknl/ha-nest-protect · GitHub.

1 Like

The mentioned workaround in your link worked like a charm for me, so I now have my two Nest Protect (battery) adopted into Home Assistant - core 2023.1.4

The values of “issue_token” and “cookies” are specific to your Google Account. To get them, follow these steps (only needs to be done once, as long as you stay logged into your Google Account).

Kudos to all the dedicated and persistent participants in this equation.

I got another smoke alarm, but again nothing in HA…

that’s my question for a long time… I never had smoke alarm so I don’t know if this is working in HA at all…

There is no test option on the Nest Protect that simulate smoke or co

1 Like

I have fireplace next to it and when I put too much wood in it and keep open to long, I get small cloud of smoke directly towards Nest Protect and I get warning immediattely

1 Like