Support for RFLink Gateway

It’s a clever little device, which supports an extremely large range of RF devices on a lot of common open home automation frequencies (433mhz, 868mhz. with more to come).

http://www.nemcon.nl/blog2/

Anyone interested in making support for RFLink or interested in helping us with getting this going?
RFLink is a serial gateway and supports 433, 868 and 2.4ghz protocols…

I think this would be a great add on to HASS. With the IR and RF I could control just about everything in my house. I wish I had the knowledge to help build it out.

I’ve started developing support for hass and rflink. It’s going slowly as I’m learning python while I do it.
Hopefully I’ll have some working code in the next few weeks.

Matt

4 Likes

Hi matt2005,

Any progress regarding RFLink? I wish I could be at some kind of help but my development skills are not that good.

Development is taking longer than expected. I thought using the mysensors plugin as a base was a good item but I’ve scrapped that idea as it was too complex. Now I’m writing it from scratch, so far I’m concentrating on just getting sensors working. Once that’s done I’ll look at switches.

Matt

1 Like

Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

Using a RPI Domoticz with RFLink, Z-Stick and MySensors… Would be great having just one device controlling everything…

Support for this is the only thing that keeps me from switching over to this platform… I wish you luck with completing it and I follow this thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here. Really interested by HA, I just wait for rflink support. Thanks for coding this :slight_smile:

Hey, I too would very much like to see this supported. It’s a brilliant piece of kit but unfortunately in the meantime I can only use it with domoticz

I finally fot my RFLink…

are there any news about HASS integration?

There is a project from Matt2005 on GitHub, but stopped 2 months ago…

Nothing on the other side as well

I recently acquired an rflink compatible device and am in the progress of create a python library and HA component. Will keep you posted on the progress.

1 Like

Awesome…

I have created a very beta implementation of the Rflink component, hope to have something clean and testable tomorrow.

I currently only have a few devices to test: Klik-aan-Klik-uit (click-on-click-off) devices, my neighbors doorbell and their weather station (which both happen to be in range of my rflink transceiver :D).

I need input for:

• other weather station/sensors types
  • dimmable lights
  • rgb lights
  • covers (don’t know if rflink supports those yet)
  • doorbells for which I don’t have to bother my neighbors
  • just any rflink compatible device in general

If anyone is willing to help and can provide feedback to me during the development process please let me know.

I have taken a different tack on RFLink.

I have attached an ESP8266 module to the Arduino Mega that runs RFLINK and have the ESP8266 listening to the serial output of the RFLink and passing it through to an MQTT broker as a seperate topic per device/ID combination from RFLink.

This means that the link is independent of HASS - anything that can read MQTT can deal with it, as well as allowing me to place the arduino wherever I want to get good reception, not having it as a slave to the HASS server (and physically attached to it).

Then you just configure mqtt sensors and binary sensors using templates to extract the data published by RFLink.

I only have Recieving of traffic working at the moment.

I have temperature sensors, PIR sensors and buttons working - and look forward to adding a weather station in the coming weeks; although it is all about HASS config now and extracting the relevant data from MQTT JSON messages.

I can post my arduino code for the ESP8266 (I am using a node MCU 1.0) and my hass setup if anyone is interested.

Phil

First beta version is available for testing:

2 Likes

Hello,

i have several devices for the rflink gateway. I wrote some plugins for the gateway.
I am new in coding python.
When i test your beta, i become the following error message:

ERROR:homeassistant.core:BusHandler:Exception doing job
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Users/stefanhoffmann/ha/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1210, in job_handler
func(*args)
File “/Users/stefanhoffmann/ha/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/rflink.py”, line 130, in
self.match_packet(event.data[ATTR_PACKET]))
File “/Users/stefanhoffmann/ha/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/rflink.py”, line 138, in match_packet
self.handle_packet(packet)
File “/Users/stefanhoffmann/ha/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/rflink.py”, line 149, in handle_packet
self.hass.async_add_job(self.async_update_ha_state())
File “/Users/stefanhoffmann/ha/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py”, line 217, in async_add_job
if is_callback(target):
File “/Users/stefanhoffmann/ha/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py”, line 89, in is_callback
return ‘_hass_callback’ in func.dict
AttributeError: ‘generator’ object has no attribute ‘dict

Maybe someone can help.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks for trying it out. I think your version of HA differs from the one I am testing with. What version do you run? How did you install this rflink component?

Hello,

i upgraded to 0.33.4 and install the rflink component again.
It´s working now.