Sureflap Connect - Pet Door

What is this entity looking at as I’ve tested it mine is stuck at 200ml even though a cat drank from it the attribute actual_weight changed and seems to match what is in the bowl.

So might be worth making the entity show the value from actual weight then I think it might be correct.

Good progress though this integration is coming along :+1:

Edit it’s now updated to 148 which matches actual weight no idea why it was stuck at 200ml for so long when everything else was updating correctly bit weird

@benleb thanks for this update.
I’m able to use your dev branch in the Home Assistant Operating System
by introducing HACS
by activating ssl terminal and follow your steps to git clone / git pull in the submap ‘custom_components’
by using the surepetcarebeta tag in configuration.yaml

It looks that the integration works this way as I used before in 2012.3.4

Running into the code I see you are able to read the remaining water for a Felaqua.
As you are already able to obtain information on battery level, is it a big job to read the amount food left in feeders and store it in a separated entity?

I think I got the beta working! Thanks @benleb!

Just to confirm, there isn’t a way to set the pets inside/outside through this integration - correct?

1 Like

already done :slight_smile: everything… felaqua battery should be already available as sensor… food / bowls in next hours :slight_smile:

1 Like

not yet, water/food is (or was) more important :slight_smile: please open an issue with the feature request in the surepetcare repo about to keep track and nobody forgets :wink: thats also the advice for bug/problem issues btw…

and another btw… its all open source, I would be really happy if someone wants to help with the code! its not really complicated code I would say and if there are questions or something, no problem! Im happy to introduce you to the codebase :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m more or less familiar with Python and other programming languages. Happy to help, but will need to understand your integration. I will take the time to go throught your code :wink:

cool! :smiley:

preview the current state I plan to push in the next hours…

2 Likes

That looks ace!

Mine seems to be working now so ignore my issue I dunno what was up

Extracted the icons from the app to use in home assistant though looks nice and neat.

uh nice! could you share them with us? :smiley: but maybe I don’t can embed them in the integration itself due to copyright things…

Fabulous :wink:
I can start scripting that my neighbor is warned if one of my pets doesn’t have enough food anymore. And I can give my neighbor access to my house with a smart lock for a certain period :ok_hand:t3:

Yes I will I need to make some more for feeders and I don’t have cat flap so will have to get image from mates account.

I’m no expert on copyright but if the license mentions where there from and it’s for their stuff I don’t see it as a big issue not like your claiming it’s your image.

They are SVG format but as I don’t know how to give it a colour to SVG in HA, I set it to match my theme then saved as PNG to use in HA.

Hm I cant tell about where the icons are from visibly if I use them as entity picture which is shown in HA probably :smiley: and I do not make them angry in any way, they can make all our lives much harder :sweat_smile: but until now, they happily tolerated (but also nothing more) all our activities and nobody got ever banned or anything… at least afaik :smiley: thanks sure! :smiley:

regarding the svg, open it with your favorite code editor :wink:

honestly, do never tell the internet you have a smart lock and never never never do it in connection with your name…

1 Like

Think might have found an issue unfortunately

feeder code and maybe the felaqaua fix now online :slight_smile:

Will test it and come back ASAP.
Is there an easy way to implement the new code without entirely restart HA?

2021-05-10 21:03:28 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.integration_platform] Unexpected error importing surepetcarebeta/group.py

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/integration_platform.py”, line 33, in _process

platform = integration.get_platform(platform_name)

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 493, in get_platform

cache[full_name] = self._import_platform(platform_name)

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 498, in _import_platform

return importlib.import_module(f"{self.pkg_path}.{platform_name}")

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/importlib/init.py”, line 127, in import_module

return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)

File “”, line 1014, in _gcd_import

File “”, line 991, in _find_and_load

File “”, line 973, in _find_and_load_unlocked

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘custom_components.surepetcare.group’

2021-05-10 21:03:28 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.integration_platform] Unexpected error importing surepetcarebeta/logbook.py

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/integration_platform.py”, line 33, in _process

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 493, in get_platform

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 498, in _import_platform

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘custom_components.surepetcare.logbook’

2021-05-10 21:03:28 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.integration_platform] Unexpected error importing surepetcarebeta/system_health.py

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘custom_components.surepetcare.system_health’

2021-05-10 21:03:28 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.integration_platform] Unexpected error importing surepetcarebeta/media_source.py

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘custom_components.surepetcare.media_source’

2021-05-10 21:03:28 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform surepetcarebeta.sensor: Platform not found (cannot import name ‘FeederBowl’ from ‘surepy.entities.devices’ (/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/surepy/entities/devices.py)).

I think we need to update surpy too but not sure how we do that in HA

1 Like

sorry, forgot that :smiley: :v:

@benleb it’s working :ok_hand:t3::wink:
I have my notifications already automated so I can’t ignore that my cats are hungry.
About the smart lock. If a foreigner passed that door he/she will need to feed the dog or will he/she will be eaten :joy::joy: