Sureflap Connect - Pet Door

The current open issues with the core integration are listed here

These include the issues you are experiencing (entities not updating, flap status missing, etc.)

Thanks TazUK - hadn’t seen that page.

Apologies! That was something I copied from earlier in this thread and forgot I had done so:

configuration.yaml:

sensor pet_status:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      chailatte_last_state:
        friendly_name: "Chai Lattes Last Status"
        unique_id: 000002
        value_template: "{{ state_attr('binary_sensor.pet_chai_latte', 'where') }} since {{as_timestamp(state_attr('binary_sensor.pet_chai_latte', 'since')) | timestamp_custom('%H:%M')}}"
      lexie_last_state:
        friendly_name: "Lexies Last Status"
        unique_id: 000003
        value_template: "{{ state_attr('binary_sensor.pet_lexie', 'where') }} since {{as_timestamp(state_attr('binary_sensor.pet_lexie', 'since')) | timestamp_custom('%H:%M')}}"

Thank you so much! :smiley:

Hello
I start HA
i’m modify the configuration.yaml like

surepetcare:
username: [email protected]
password: XXXXXXXXXXXX

the cat flaps do not update every XX minutes or when the cat goes out or in
Did you have the same problem
thank
Capturecat

The main integration may still be broken. You’ll probably need to use the beta, which should be posted upthread.

thank ,

i’m try to install surepetcarebeta manualy

wow!
what did i miss? how did you get the food/water amounts to show?

Everything is back on track with surepetcarebeta; thank you. One question though, I used to be able to see a difference in badge color where the cats are in or out. I don’t see that anymore; how can I do that and keep the pictures from the Sure Petcare app?

Now it is possible

@benleb HACS just told me of an update to surepetbeta. I did it. Now I see on Github that I’m not supposed to do this until July 1. Apologies, as I just did the update. Is there a way to fix this?

No, if it works, no worries :slight_smile: Just wanted to warn that there is some restructuring ongoing these days :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank , I try to install it !!!

read all the replys in this post and tried all the ideas to fix sureflap posted, but i still only have the status on cat out/in hub and flap connected and battery…
i cant get the lock modes working…

Has many other people bothered to get the password from their hub?? As I am not sure if anyone else has received the latest firmware update as I am interested to see if anyone has captured the messages sent from the cloud to the hub to initiate the firmware update. Also wondering if I should go down the full home assistant component path or change my code to return the same JSON payload as the cloud service for laughs.

Are you using the custom component version (installed via HACs or other methods) that is referenced in the latter part of this thread rather than the core integration?

AFAIK there has been no movement on fixes for the core integration: Issues · home-assistant/core · GitHub

I think some of the issues in github are fixed in 2021.7. (Surepetcare, Use entity class vars and some clean up by Danielhiversen · Pull Request #52205 · home-assistant/core · GitHub, Clean up surepetcare binary sensor by Danielhiversen · Pull Request #52217 · home-assistant/core · GitHub, Clean up Surepetcare sensor by Danielhiversen · Pull Request #52219 · home-assistant/core · GitHub )

I can not reproduce the “I/O must be done in the executor” issue and the entities are now updated,

Good to know - thank you for your efforts on the component.

I’m currently running the beta repo via HACs as I’ve integrated two bowls into HA - am I right in thinking that the core integration does not yet support the feeder sensors (other than connectivity) as at release 2021.7.4?

I’d appreciate it if anyone can confirm.

Considering the outages that Sureflap seemed to have over the last 24 hours… time for another plug of my project. :slight_smile:
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/local-cloud-service-for-sureflap-connect-pet-cat-door-and-feeder
I am planning to add full Cat Flap support as I am going to purchase one for testing purposes and I have a Felaqua on the way so will have the complete set and also have been including all the undocumented custom modes based on the ones I have figured out for the Feeder and Pet Door.

2 Likes