Swap open close state for knx shutters, use a combined function for up/down/stop

Hi @ all,

it my first time in the community.
I have setup my home assitant about 2 month ago and continusly integrating all what I need step by step.

Currently i want to ingetrate the shutter from the KNX BUS.

I have got two issuses with it:

1. at first I use for manual movment a single function which combines up/down/stop
    I could not figure out how i can use this with home assistant, because there are two setups.
      move_short_address: "3/0/1"
      stop_address: "3/0/4"

For me it should be the same, but it does not make sence.
If I use onle the move_short_address the shutter only moves in one direction.

1. at second I have setup my shutters with 100% for closed and 0% for open on the bus.
    How can I correct the state definition for open and close in hassio?

My research in the documentation does not offers a comfortable way to do this.
I think it might be realy easy if I know were are the state was written.

Thanks in advance.

You can’t. It’s a hardcoded definition. WHY THE HECK can't we freely configure a Cover to interpret its percentage value as "percentage open" or "percentage closed"?

To 1) what actuator are you using? What DPT and value does your function expect? How do your wall switches handle this (when are which telegrams are sent to the bus)?

Hi,
I am using an MDT actuator (JAL-0X10X.02), in the documentation this function named with Single Object Control

Auf/Ab kann stoppen (Single Object Control)

Durch Aktivierung der „Single Object Control“ können die Rollladen mit einem Objekt bedient werden. 
Ein nochmaliges Senden des Auf/Ab Befehls stoppt hier eine aktive Auf/Ab Fahrt.

It seems like the frist action starts the movement and during the operation you can stop by trigger with a new command.
It uses the same type DPT 1.008, only with a differnt bithandling.

For the second topic I hope the parameter for the inverted state can be implemented.

That’s what I would have guessed :rofl:
This German Sonderlocke is somewhat contrary to the knx specifications. It’s not supported by the knx integration so you have some options now

• don’t use single object control - stick to knx standard
  • create an automation that mocks it
  • find a way to implement it in xknx without breaking functionality of standard actuators

The second thing would have to be implemented HA wide (not only in the knx integration). You could create an GitHub issue for this, if there isn’t one already.

Hi @high-voltages ,

did you ever solve that issue? I am having some issues as well, integrating my raffstores from ROMA with the MDT actor into HA.

Thx

Another way to avoid issues with MDTs proprietary 1bit object would be to just omit it from config. I think a Knx cover should work with only absolute position (% - DPT 5) GAs just as well - no move_*_address.

I’ve got also a problem with the manual movement of my cover with knx.
The move_short_adress isn’t used by the knx integration. It uses the angle_address with 100% or 0% when i push Button with arrow diagonally up or down. But I want to send a 0 or 1 to the move_short_address. I’ve never seen that the move_short_adress ist used in the knx group monitor. The KNX aktor is the MDT JAL

Hi :wave:!

It is used for “Stop” or when you don’t configure angle_address (I think you wouldn’t get a slider then for tilt).

So i can’t use both slider (angle_address and move_short_address). Hmm but why do you think I should open an issue@github?

Well, you can - latter is used for stopping.
The tilt button is supposed to open/close the tilt. It isn’t supposed to do stepwise move. It’s a HA entity specification.

I do not think so. Imho it works as intended.

But if I use only the move_short_adress and comment out the angle_address. The tilt button is converted to a stepwise movement of the cover. As intended in KNX…
It’s ok but not perfect :wink: