Sweden + Yale, more like Jail!

First of, I am aware of this thread, and I want the same experience @brendanheyu tells of adding the door to HA. But sadly things are a bit different here in Sweden (and please correct me if I’m wrong) as accessing the information from Yale doors are not as straight forward.
There is the option to buy a Verisure hub, (and/or subscription) but I will not do that, as that Is why I’m tinkering with HA in the first place- to do it the open source way.

Now what I did was buying the smart module thinking it was the same as the Z-wave Module. (lesson learned, read the fine prints in the marketing). So now I’m stuck with a Yale hub and a module letting me lock/unlock from the yale smart home app. Neat- but not smart.

Now what you can do is connect the app to a google home integration- allowing you to arm/disarm (if you were to add more yale products to the hub) and lock the door.

This is interesting- and my brain tells me that the following should be doable: If google gets the status of the lock- how can I use that to turn on/off a z-wave device in HA? That can’t be that hard right? What are my options? The amount of dumb ways to do it is endless so can someone please just tell me that there is a good way? I’ll list the things I have considered just to get that out of the way.

1. Have a friend stand by the door sending notifications. (dumb)
  2. Learn about google action blocks or tasker on a android VM (probably dumb)
  3. crack the AES 128-bit EAX signal (should be doable as I have access to the closed circuit, but that turns the project in to a new level)
  4. Ask the community (check)

Oh, and also this integration works- but I can’t find any traces of an open api, how do I reverse engineer the integration?

There’s a button on the right hand side View on Github, click it and you’ll see the code:

I swear I did just that, trying the three files, but they gave me nothing… thank mate! I’m in shock!