Swedish calendar

Now it works with both 0.112.3 and 0.112.4. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

works for me to with 0.112.4. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

works like a charm again! awsome work!! Thanks!

1 Like

I noticed today that the Swedish calendar stopped updating a few days ago, and unfortunately it seems like the API behind it has been retired. The PHP source is available if anyone is willing to host it, unless there is any other public API available that provides similar features.

Ping @Miicroo

I read through the code and it seems quite basic.
The only thing I can see that needs to be changed is the strtotime() functions which is used quite heavily.
As far as I know it will soon stop working.

Hmm, looks like the problem has been solved already - a company called Faboul AB has taken over hosting and development of the API. Looks like the old API endpoint URL still works but should be updated, when possible.

Sedan September 2020 sÄ övertogs driften av Svenska helgdagar APIet av Faboul AB frÄn dryg.net. Vi ber er att uppdatera era lÀnkar till sholiday.faboul.se.

1 Like

Awesome, I will update the endpoint! Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

@Miicroo where has the repo gone? Have you killed the project?

Edit: nevermind! I had lost the repo in hacs and the one in the first post was wrong. Found the repo again.

1 Like

Updated the link in the first post in case anyone else gets the same problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! Next version will end your component if not updated.
2021-05-16 23:44:11 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] No ‘version’ key in the manifest file for custom integration ‘swedish_calendar’. As of Home Assistant 2021.6, this integration will no longer be loaded. Please report this to the maintainer of ‘swedish_calendar’

1 Like

Thanks! I had completely missed it. Fix available on master now! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Miicroo are the project still alive? Last update killed the component för me.

@Christian_Hollbjar Yes, still alive! I just haven’t updated to 2022.6 yet so hadn’t noticed. Will look into it soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Christian_Hollbjar Ah, I had missed a deprecation notice for the loop keyword. Should probably update my dev environment for python more often :smiley: Pushed a fix, if you download the latest version I hope it should work!

1 Like

It did! Awesome :metal:

1 Like

Thanx for this integration it works great! except for the “reason for flagging” does anybody else have the same problem? mine just say “Unknown” even if its a flagday.

i have installed it via HACS and enabled it in the config without any exceptions
/M

@malogic I will look into it! :slight_smile: Is there any specific day you have noticed is missing? There doesn’t seem to be that many flagdays according to Flaggdagar i Sverige - Riksarkivet, and I dont have data as old as the last one stored in my HA (8th of Aug). I checked the API that the calendar is using and for the next day (valdagen) the flagging reason is there: https://sholiday.faboul.se/dagar/v2.1/2022/09/11. I will keep an extra eye out to see if it updates accordingly :smiley:

Yesterday was FN-dagen, a reason for flagging, and it seems to have been reported correctly in the integration :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Same for me. FN-dagen was displayed and visible in the history, strange that it was not working when i tried a few months ago. I have a new possibility to test my automation in a few days. Nobeldagen.

I have a new problem though. I wish to be reminded in advanced. the same morning is a bit tight for the most part. better than nothing but i wish that i could get a reminder the day before.

i guess that its not in the scope of this integration
 il have to make something of my own or use a birthday reminder like this. Create a "Birthday Reminder" Lovelace Card using Google Calendar integration

btw. why do we keep this thread in English?

1 Like

@malogic There is actually a possibility to be reminded in advance soon. I am working on a fix for Add to my calendars where it seems reasonable to view more than todays events in the calendar. Have just finished re-organising the project to support more complex features such as this one so no real feature work yet, but hopefully soon :slight_smile:

Hehe, threads have to be in English here, even though I doubt that other people than Swedes would care about Kanelbullens dag :wink: