Switch Zigbee TZE200 TS0601 paired but without entities

Hey edc, I ended up installing ZIGBEE2MQTT. It will require you to have installed a MQTT broker like Mosquitto and you might need to re-add your devices. But once installed and configured it works. There’s also a large database of supported devices. Check out digiblurDIY on YouTube for help with MQTT broker install. ZIGBEE2MQTT can be installed as an unofficial Home Assistant Add-on via GitHub. Good luck!

1 Like

Hey @jws5340a, thanks for the help. Will just explore Zigbee2Mqtt then.

i also have two switch… waiting some one come up with working code…

I have a 3-way switch and a “Smart air box” with multiple air sensors in, both of which describe themselves as TZE200 / TS0601 devices, and both have the same problem as others have seen.

One thing I have found though is that all the entities are visible in the “manage clusters” section, however, I can’t make that section do anything permanent. I can select an entity, get a value from it, select the controller to bind it to, but when I click “bind”, nothing happens. I don’t know how this is supposed to work!

I don’t see how Zigbee2MQTT can help with this; if the device isn’t supported, does it matter how it’s connected?

So today my switch came. Got the same issue as everyone.

I will try the zigbee2mqtt route this week and post some results

1 Like

Another TZE200/TS0601 user here…this time a door/vibration sensor. What a crock. I ditched Tuya WiFi devices since the integration doesn’t seem to work for crap and requires renewals… Thought “hey…let’s go zigbee…no more flashing to ESPHome, no Tuya cloud…” Damn you Tuya!

If anyone’s having luck with Zigbee2MQTT please post.

So i switched to zigbee2mqtt from ZHA.

i had some problem when switching. I use a conbee2 stick.

got this morning z2m running and added the switch first. and it worked.

My conclusion is that zigbee2mqtt works with this switch.

Hello,

I am responding here because I see this information is recent and might be related to my issue.

I am converting from Hubitat to HA and I’ve got about 300 devices moved.
I am on Home assistant OS
I have 4 zemismart zigbee curtain rails. The model on them in HA is TS0601 like above. All of the rails have entities except one.

• I confirmed they are all identical models
  • I have factory reset a dozen times
  • I have removed-re-added to the network a dozen times
  • I’ve tried to pair it right next to zibee repeaters and my zigbee stick
    all with the same results.

This isn’t the furthest curtain rail from my zstick. It’s connecting and is being used as a router but there are no entities. Is this related to the same zigpy library you mentioned above? I’m just at a loss why it’s just this one.

Oh, I keep dragging it back to hubitat where it gets the controls on connection every time.
Here you can see it’s meshing with the others:

Here is the device in question:

Here is an identical device across the room (further from the stick):

From what I’m gathering in this thread and this other one: Adding Moes Rad Valve TSO601 I am not doing anything wrong; however, I am completely stumped as to why I’m only having the issue on one device.

To compound matters, I bought two zigbee shades, one connects without entities and the other one doesn’t power on at all. The one showing no entities is exhibiting the same behavior as the rail (and the complaints above). I don’t want to address that one until I address the unit that I KNOW is working because it works on HE and all the others devices of same type are working in the house.

I read in the other thread that an update to the library might be coming soon. Will that help me and the OP of this thread?

As I type this post, gathering screenshots, I just noticed something:

The manufacturer on this device is different from all the others (even though they’re all branded zemismart). My guess is the firmware is different and HA is looking at this device differently.

Here is the stick that I’m using:

Hello Sergeantpup, I had the same issue with an in-wall dimmer switch. My ultimate solution was to install an MQTT broker and use the ZIGBEE2MQTT integration. Once I had the integrations working properly I added the device and it works as intended. Please go to Zigbee2MQTT and check to see if your devices are supported by zigbee2mqtt, most likely they are. If so then there’s some really sharp folks here that I’m sure will be able to help you with this more than me as I’m using the supervised version of HA. I’m not an expert by any means, just a geeky guy having fun with HA and home automation. But maybe I can help by pointing you in the right direction.

1 Like

Hi, I have the exact same issue. I have 4 Zemismart curtain motors added via ZHA (ConBee II stick).
And one of them (_TZE200_rmymn92d) has no entities.

Signature of the motor with entities.

{
  "node_descriptor": "NodeDescriptor(logical_type=<LogicalType.Router: 1>, complex_descriptor_available=0, user_descriptor_available=0, reserved=0, aps_flags=0, frequency_band=<FrequencyBand.Freq2400MHz: 8>, mac_capability_flags=<MACCapabilityFlags.AllocateAddress|RxOnWhenIdle|MainsPowered|FullFunctionDevice: 142>, manufacturer_code=4098, maximum_buffer_size=82, maximum_incoming_transfer_size=82, server_mask=11264, maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=82, descriptor_capability_field=<DescriptorCapability.NONE: 0>, *allocate_address=True, *is_alternate_pan_coordinator=False, *is_coordinator=False, *is_end_device=False, *is_full_function_device=True, *is_mains_powered=True, *is_receiver_on_when_idle=True, *is_router=True, *is_security_capable=False)",
  "endpoints": {
    "1": {
      "profile_id": 260,
      "device_type": "0x0202",
      "in_clusters": [
        "0x0000",
        "0x0004",
        "0x0005",
        "0x0102",
        "0xef00"
      ],
      "out_clusters": [
        "0x000a",
        "0x0019"
      ]
    }
  },
  "manufacturer": "_TZE200_xaabybja",
  "model": "TS0601",
  "class": "zhaquirks.tuya.ts0601_cover.TuyaMoesCover0601"
}

Signature of the motor without entities:

{
  "node_descriptor": "NodeDescriptor(logical_type=<LogicalType.Router: 1>, complex_descriptor_available=0, user_descriptor_available=0, reserved=0, aps_flags=0, frequency_band=<FrequencyBand.Freq2400MHz: 8>, mac_capability_flags=<MACCapabilityFlags.AllocateAddress|RxOnWhenIdle|MainsPowered|FullFunctionDevice: 142>, manufacturer_code=4417, maximum_buffer_size=66, maximum_incoming_transfer_size=66, server_mask=10752, maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=66, descriptor_capability_field=<DescriptorCapability.NONE: 0>, *allocate_address=True, *is_alternate_pan_coordinator=False, *is_coordinator=False, *is_end_device=False, *is_full_function_device=True, *is_mains_powered=True, *is_receiver_on_when_idle=True, *is_router=True, *is_security_capable=False)",
  "endpoints": {
    "1": {
      "profile_id": 260,
      "device_type": "0x0051",
      "in_clusters": [
        "0x0000",
        "0x0004",
        "0x0005",
        "0xef00"
      ],
        "0x000a",
        "0x0019"
      ]
    },
    "242": {
      "profile_id": 41440,
      "device_type": "0x0061",
      "in_clusters": [],
        "0x0021"
      ]
    }
  },
  "manufacturer": "_TZE200_rmymn92d",
  "model": "TS0601",
  "class": "zigpy.device.Device"
}

It seems like there is just a mapping missing in zigpy/zha-device-handlers so that _TZE200_rmymn92d is also recognized as zhaquirks.tuya.ts0601_cover.TuyaMoesCover0601.
Are you going to open a github issue for this?

This might be the right place to add it.

Hello,

Yes, I will do the leg work of getting in an issue by this weekend.

I’ve made a brief summary of some information I plan to include. I will gladly add your info to this same request because I believe it’s all related. I made a brief post about my plans and info as I understand it, here: Adding Moes Rad Valve TSO601 - #7 by Sergeantpup

My timeline to get this in git is by this weekend. I’m still trying to troubleshoot my OTHER TS0601’s that I can get into hubitat but the control (including RF remote) requires further testing before I can properly articulate it.

I will include your details above as well as anything else you think is important for me to include if you reply.

Thank you for pointing out where we should put this request.

Thank you for pointing out where to submit the issue.

I found another identical issue already open and I added our info to it: [Device Support Request] TS0601 Cover. Zemismart (Tuya) TZE200_5zbp6j0u curtain motor · Issue #1245 · zigpy/zha-device-handlers · GitHub

Sane issue here with _TZE200_a4bpgplm. Added to Home Automation but it exposes nothing.

What is the fix within HA?

PS
I read people has reported some success with zigbee2mqtt, but I had quite hard time trying to install, it worked for a while using docker, now is broken again and I’d prefer to stay fully within HA.

Hey, I got significantly further on this manufacturer last night with some help. I added my notes to the git but you’re pretty savvy and might be able to fix the last little piece: https://github.com/zigpy/zha-device-handlers/issues/1245#issuecomment-1053624641

1 Like

Hey Sebastian

What did you do to get the _TZE200_xaabybja motors to work? I have the same device signature as you but having problems.
Can you send me the quirk file you used & let me know if any other files need to be edited to make this work? init.py?
By the way, where do I find this file to edit it?

Thanks!

The _TZE200_xaabybja motors worked out of the box for me. I didn’t change any files for it. Maybe try updating to the latest HA release?

Can confirm. I have 3 that work fine.

_TZE200_rmymn92d is still problematic tho. The custom quirk is reading state but not controlling for several of us but confirmed to be working in zigbee2MQTT so I requested a new quirk pulled from that code, yesterday.

Any updates on this one? I have a curtain rod motor TZE200_cf1sl3tj, having the same issue. Probably should try Z2M instead

Hi, i also have a 4ch wall switch which would only sho w up the device, the entities are not shown.

Not exact same device/firmware so post new issue with device feature request to zha-device-handlers:

https://github.com/zigpy/zha-device-handlers/issues

Reason is that Tuya is horrible at folowing the Zigbee specification so almost every device need a quirk:

https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zha#zha-exception-and-deviation-handling

If you can code a little Python then read:

https://github.com/zigpy/zha-device-handlers/blob/4956114628a2aee435776c5e286a8e97d4f3df53/README.md

Same goes for Zigbee2MQTT as it also needs converters to workaround each Tuya device deviations:

https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/advanced/support-new-devices/01_support_new_devices.html