Switchbot Curtain

No and no, direct means really direct :muscle::muscle::muscle: love it.

“Really direct” is great however depending where your HA-server and curtain bots are located the distance might be too far for BT. But definitely worth a try!

Agreed! There are solutions for that too. But for now it woekering for me

I’m using the ESP32/Wifi/BLE/MQTT-solution with the code from @devWaves
This works excellent, too, has hardly any delay and can be placed close to the BLE-devices.

With the new HA release I can now find my curtainbots (oddly finding it twice) and it shows the status correct. But, any commands send to it (open/close) it’s not responding. Presume this is a distance thing.

(was using the API before)

There is a default disabled rssi sensor, what happens it that is enabled, or doesn’t it report at all?

I see there is a new specific topic about the HA first party Bluetooth integration that mentions my issue. I will move over to that one: SwitchBot Curtain via Bluetooth - no Security and read only?

Hi everyone, I also bought them switchbot curtain but don’t get them visible in HA. Have put the following in configuration.yaml

cover:
  - platform: switchbot
    mac: CA:D9:7D:68:4B:1B
    name: Test Curtain

and if I enter this code

cover:
  - platform: switchbot-curtain
    mac: CA:D9:7D:68:4B:1B
    name: Test Curtain

I get the following error when checking configuration: Platform error cover.switchbot-curtain - Integration ‘switchbot-curtain’ not found.

Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks for every response.

Sounds like you have not added the Switchbot integration. Best remove all above mentioned edits from the YAML-files, restart HA and then add the Switchbot integration. Then configure your bots in the gui of the integration.

1 Like

Thank you for your comment, but if I want to install the integration, I get the following message: “No unconfigured devices found.”

Once or while the integration is installed bring the Curtainbot into pairing mode, then it should be detected.

But make sure you first have removed your manually added lines in the configuration.yaml and restart HA.

You don’t need to put the curtain in pairing mode, ha will discover them automatically.

I have my switchbot curtain connected with the new bluetooth integration in 2022.8. I recive all the information but i dont seem to be able to control the device. The slider nor the open or close button does anything. If i control the curtain with the app de status in HA is updating so there is communication.

Does anyone have the same issue and any tips to resolve this?

Have a search on here, there’s a few people with the same issue

A figured it out. It was the issue with the password. didnt see that before

Best,

I have removed everything from switchbot from the configuration.yaml. But when I start the integration I immediately get “No unconfigured devices found”. The switchbot Curtain blinks.

I assume you have the curtains set up and working in the Switchbot app ? Once its working there, don’t put it in pairing mode, install the integration in HA and they’ll be discovered.

I apologize for replying to an old thread and this isn’t about the Switchbot Curtain, but the Switchbot Motion sensor; however, I’m experiencing the same Bluetooth issues as others have reported and the solution seems like it would work for the motion sensor as well. But, I have HA installed as a VM on my Synology NAS and have very little experience with Raspberry Pi and still trying to figure out exactly what ESP32 is, so I apologize for the newb question here.

Basically, I was hoping someone could recommend the hardware they’d recommend so that HA can access the motion sensor. I’m honestly a bit disappointed that it doesn’t connect to the hub and use Switchbot’s connection, but oh well. I should have gone with a Z Wave or Zigbee Motion Sensor, but I don’t have experience with either of those yet (I’m slowly moving away from cloud-based smart home devices).

So, from my understanding in this thread (and others around the internet), I have a few options. I’m going to exclude Raspberry Pi devices (even the Zero’s) as they’re ridiculously priced right now.

Possible Solutions

Single Board PCs
More of a DIY option and would require some level of configuration & tinkering

Smart Home Hubs
While these would still rely on an internet connection, I’m fine with that. However, basically these hubs would, from my understanding, connect to Switchbot and then relay that connection back to HA.

The main problem is that my room/office is almost like a faraday cage. The walls are cinder block and metal sheets… so my house is mostly run with ethernet over MoCA to wireless AP. I’m afraid that getting a Zigbee or Z Wave device I’ll run into the same issues as Bluetooth, but perhaps I’m wrong about that? If so, should I just return the Switchbot Motion Sensor and go with something like the YoLink Hub & Sensor, Aqara, or whoever?

I apologize for all the questions and links… I’m just really lost about what hardware would serve me best and one thing I’ve learned since starting my homelab journey about two years ago are that buying the wrong equipment/networking mistakes are very costly, so I’m just weary of purchasing something I don’t understand very well.

Thank you for your time!
AJ

PS: Sorry I couldn’t link to all the hardware, I’m limited to only posting two links as a new user.

Have you looked at this option yet?

You will need an esp32 board.
Have Mqtt installed and configured in HA.
Have Arduino install on your PC or mac. This is to upload the code to the esp32 board.
Place the esp32 board in bluetooth range to the motion sensor and in wifi range to esp32 board.

I do not have the switchbot motion sensor, but have the door sensor. It takes anywhere between 1-2 seconds. Depending on what you want to trigger, it maybe too long if you are using it to turn on lights. Zigbee or wifi motion sensor device would be faster, however.

Use what you have and give it try. Esp32 is quite cheap if you are willing to wait for the delivery time, but it is still inexpensive if you get it from Amazon.

Hi, I’m confused. I added 2 switchbot curtain 3 to my HA. I have both in Integration entries but I dont know how I can control them…

Each has these sensors: Sensors

Contact Sensor 3041

Clear

Contact Sensor 3041

Closed

Light

No light