Switchbot without hub - more than 1 switch

I have 2 switchbot switches and no hub. I have added both to configuration yaml but home assistant will only recognise one at a time.

Is there any means to support multiple switches?

Need to share your configuration.yaml. It should support multiple just fine assuming you have their MAC ADDRESS correct.

I tried a few variations of the yaml and it is now fine. Cheers

Hi there,

By any chance could you provide a link to the configuration that you used to get this to work without a hub? Have spent considerable time to get this to work but to no avail.

1 Like

Replying with an example, in case anyone else stumbles on thios:

switch:
  - platform: switchbot
    mac: 'FC:C2:F3:xx:xx:xx'
    name: Living Room - Dehumidifier
  - platform: switchbot
    mac: 'D2:AE:02:xx:xx:xx'
    name: Garage - Door

Is the bot still working for you? Tried to add your sample to my config file and it will not pass Configuration validation. It just keep spinning with no error or validated message.

Yup.

Whilst I forget the ‘fix’ I think you have an unrelated error, I remember something very similar perhaps 6 months ago (no error, just spinning).

EDIT: Was possibly the below, repair etc:

O. So the fix is:

Hi! I ran hassio su repair out of curiosity and all of a sudden the GUI configuration validation worked again. I have no idea why that fixed it. Before I figured this out I had to run hassio ha check, which worked fine.
Since just recently, the commands are:
ha su repair and ha core check

I do not know how to run this. I am running Hassio Supervised on a Rpi3. So far I noticed switchbot and google integration is doing this.

Update: This is very odd. I restarted HA for another settings and now adding the code for the switchbot works. About 8 seconds HA will actually trigger the arm on the bot. Is this delay the same as yours?

Does your verify still fail?

It was a while ago that I saw this, but something at the back of my mind seems to recall the same - restart would work, verify would still fail, until performing those repair commands (either via a Terminal addon, or SSH to your hassio instance).

Delay is about 2-3 seconds, for me.

verify works after the restart. No more spinning. My bot is quite far and it is at the border of out of range. I am just happy it triggers even if it is with a long delay.

Oh well pleased it’s working.

I used to run my instance on an RPI3, then I moved it onto an old gigabyte brix i7 (similar to NUC)… everything became much more snappy/pleasant to use after that, although I think there have since been considerable improvements on the history/logbook code… which use to draaaaaaaag on a Pi :slight_smile:

Should you ever need to run those commands, you first need to log in via SSH. To enable SSH, install the SSH add-on and follow the instructions. It is really quite useful while debugging and, for that sake, configuring the system.
As a side note, if you’re interested in going deeper, I would recommend you leant how to use the editor Vim. Another really useful thing is to use git for the configuration, as you can then create branches of the configuration, while testing out things, while leaving your “master”-branch intact until you have verified the config, and then merge your changes. Should anything go wrong, you can always revert back or remove changes (commits).

@sarastro
Thank you for the info. I do have ssh add-on install and setup a Git. Maybe you can help me debug why I cannot run git using the shell command in frontend. I have created a post. Have a look see. I actually figure out issue #2. Issue #1 is still a mystery.

I am not using GitHub, but I push to a local repository which I have set up in /share, which then gets downloaded by my nas regularly.

Hi @stain3565

Hopefully you’re still active here :slight_smile:

Do I understand correctly that it is possible to connect the switchbot to the RPI with HA without having a switchbot hub? If so, could you kindly explain how it is done?

I am planning to buy a switch bot, but unsure if it is really necessary to also purchase the hub if the devices are in Bluetooth range of one another.

Looking forward to hear from you

Cheers!

1 Like

Was it possible? i have a switchbot now but no hub :smiley: