Switching to Satel-Integra Home alarm, any advice?

My wireless magnetic contacts are working great, I don’t see why the motion sensors shouldn’t.

Thanks for you reply, the magnetic contacts also work when the system is not armed?

Hi Everyone!

I am using satel integra 128 alarm system to door, garage, sprinkle control. I would like to control with Home Assistant. I have lot of partitions, i can control everything with unique codes on control panel. In Home Assistant i can control just one thing because i don’t know how to add more codes in configuration.yaml. Please help me how to add more switchable_outputs codes. Thanks

Now that you mention it, they do work when not armed but, due to power saving (I guess), you have the option to have them polled every 12, 24 or 36 seconds.
I have them on 36.

According to the Satel guy, they are instant when the alarm is armed, which sounds reasonable.

So although they will work fine for general monitoring, I don’t think that they will be useful as home automation sensors when unarmed, due to the delay.

1 Like

I hoped they could also be used for home automation, saves on installing other sensors.
I got a visonic powermaster at this moment, which sucks big time (biggest disappointment ever), the sensors do not work here either. But the problem is that it can not be upgraded by the user, so after a while, you can not expand it anymore (and you need to replace it). That part seems to be very well thought about with satel.

If you want instant state updates im afraid you will need to go with wired sensors.
That’s my understanding after long discussion with the satel representative in my country.
BTW, depending on your location, have a look at these guys https://shopdelta.eu/, they have pretty good prices on satel hardware.

1 Like

Yes they work fine provided they are correctly configured and visible in Satel Integra. [Actually, krash made a very good point that I haven’t read before posting it, so indeed: beware of delay in case of wireless sensors].

@pistukk get ETM 1 Plus, GSM won’t get you anywhere in terms of integrating with HA.

@kovacsk74 I’m afraid i don’t understand your question? You can define as many switchable_outputs as you want, see docs. Can you be more specific what the issue is?

I attached more picture where i define 2 switchable outputs and i connected with users.
If I write any code the satel keypad then it switch the output. It work’s fine.
I don’t know how to add more code in configuration.yaml

satel_integra:
host: 192.168.0.11
port: 7094
code: 8888
zones:
01:
name: ‘XYZ’
type: ‘motion’
switchable_outputs:
80:
name: ‘HASS TEST1’
81:
name: ‘HASS TEST2’

in home assistant i can switch output 80 (because code is 8888) but output 81 doesn’t work. If I change the code 9999 then output 81 it works but 80 doesn’t.

I hope understand me and you know how to add more code or how to define it.

hasstest2

Huh, you’ve brought an interesting point, now I get it!

Unfortunately it’s a bug, and to fix it I would have to change the config schema.
I don’t think it will happen too soon, so for the sake of not forgetting it - can you please raise a bug documenting issue you have?

As a workaround for now I may suggest sub-optimal solution of having the same user change both outputs… Basically a change in your Satel config.

Thank’s for your quick reply. Unfortunately satel don’t let me give the same code for 2 different user. If i use one code for more outputs then those work in the same time. For example if i used 1 code for 2 gate control then the gates operate in the same time (open or close). Sorry I haven’t got any documentation,. Thank you for your help

Hi!

I would like to ask for you did you managed the problem?

Krisztián

Hi, sorry, but did not have time to work on the issue.
I will make sure to update it here. Also, if you could raise a bug on homeassistant to this component, explaining the issue there (just copy-paste your description from here), that would help track it. You’d get notification when the fix is in too.

Thanks @c-soft for writing this module! It works great!
I’d also love to be able to interact with outputs, for instance, to be able to trigger the siren when a specific event occurs, etc.

I had a look through the python code located in /components/satel_integra and to be honest I was expecting Satel protocol implementation, full of hex code etc, like described in the satel documentation: http://www.satel.pl/pl/download/instrukcje/ethm1_plus_op_int_2.18_8ccea18c.pdf
But I can’t see any of it and I’m perplexed…where is the actual communication between the HA and the Satel module implemented?
Thanks!

It’s in a separate python module: https://github.com/c-soft/satel_integra

Br, Chris.

You beat me to it :slight_smile: yes, it’s right there. Now it’s nowhere near being full, it’s rather tiny subset of functions - those necessary for HA module. And sorry for the code quality, it should have been better :slight_smile:

One more thing - you actually can interact with the outputs right now. The only trouble is that you can only do it as one user (one code).

I’ve assumed that people use only one user (alarm code) for switching states of their outputs - unfortunately that’s not true for everyone. But I guess for most of us that’s OK. So if that’s the case for you, then you should be able to blast your siren from your HA, no problem :slight_smile:

Let me know how it goes!

Hi,
Great, thank you! I shall have a deeper dive into the code… :slight_smile:
If I can already blast the siren, that’s awesome! I’m using singe code to arm/disarm, so that’s not an issue for me.
Two follow up question:

1. Having the code in the config file, am I supposed to be able to arm a partition without putting the code via UI on the virtual keyboard? Because I can’t do that right now, I need to click the code in and then click on the armed away, not sure if I’m doing something wrong…
  2. In order to call the siren output, do I simply call the alarm_control_panel.alarm_trigger on the entity binary_sensor.alarm_wyjec? Sorry, I’m still very new to HA… :slight_smile: ease see my config below.
    Thanks in advance for any pointers! :slight_smile:
satel_integra:
host: 192.168.1.50
port: 7094
code: 1234
partitions:
  01:
    name: 'Parter'
    arm_home_mode: 2
  02:
    name: 'Piętro'
  03:
    name: 'Poddasze'
  04:
    name: 'Drewutnia'
zones:
  01:
    name: 'Salon'
    type: 'motion'
  02:
    name: 'Kuchnia'
  03:
    name: 'Wejście'
  04:
    name: 'Łazienka'
  05:
    name: 'Sypialnia'
  06:
    name: 'Dzieci'
  07:
    name: 'Gabinet'
  09:
    name: 'Drewutnia'
  10:
    name: 'KN Drewutnia'
    type: 'opening'
  25:
   name: 'PoddaszePrawa'
  26:
   name: 'Poddasze Lewa'
outputs:
  03:
    name: 'Alarm dom'
    type: 'safety'
  04:
    name: 'Alarm Komórka'
  01:
    name: 'Alarm wyjec'
  28:
    name: 'Awaria baterii'

The code is only necessary for editing outputs.

Blasting your siren is done by adding your siren output as switchable_outputs: and then treating it as switch - but you will need to define that code (remember to use !secret for it)

Hope that clears it somehow?

Of course you can invoke your siren the way you just mentioned, but I presumed that’s not what you’re after - you just want to blast the siren without triggering the alarm, right?