Synchronize Ring Alarm Keypad v2 with Alarmo

That’s a really great question, and thinking about it led me to figure out what the parameter to the multi-level indicator does. Turns out, at least for the mode indicators that’s setting the brightness of the button. I’ve updated the blueprint to set it to full brightness.

Thanks!

That did the trick! Thank you. I ended up having to re-import the Blueprint, wasn’t updating after reloading automation.

Yeah, my understanding is that auto updating blueprints are on the roadmap, but not implemented yet.

Oh, thought I had read some others on the community it was working. Thanks for the info! Not hard to re-import :slight_smile:

Hello to all,

first thanks to the author of this thread and his excellent work. I tried it out and it is working.

If you use this:

it is much simpler to install with a similar result.

Peer

@ImSorryButWho - thanks for this blueprint! I am normally a fan of creating my own automations to learn and customize to liking. But the Ring keypad definitely warranted a blueprint deploy. Cheers!

Thank you for the write up and the blueprint! I have successfully paired the device a couple times and it appears that everything shows up correctly in zwavejs2mqtt and then it is showing up as an mqtt device on Home assistant. But, I am not sniffing any zwave_js_notification events from the home assistant UI. I decided to continue on after pairing a couple times with the same results and attempted to set up the blueprint. But it does not work. Any ideas on where my missing zwave_js_notification is?

Edit: I realized my mistake shortly after I posted my question. I am using MQTT to include my zwave devices in home assistant. I was able to get the pad working by using zwave js to connect. Follow up question. Did you consider using MQTT instead of zwave js? Would it have worked as well?

Glad you got it sorted! From what I’ve read, there’s no good reason to use MQTT now that the ZwaveJS Home Assistant integration is mature. I suppose now that the native Home Assistant UI supports S2, there’s no need to use ZWaveJS2MQTT at all for this to work. But I’ll still stick with it for the time being thanks to the better UI experience.

Thanks to some great work by jtonk on GitHub, this is now updated to support selectable actions for the emergency buttons, and the ability to force-arm Alarmo if there’s an open sensor by pressing the enter button within 5 seconds of the alarm failing to arm. Thanks so much, jtonk!

1 Like

Wow, such great work.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Honestly, this is just so excellent, it should be bult-in directly in Alarmo. Kudos @ImSorryButWho

As fairly new HA user who is still figuring things out. How could I modify the code to for instance “not sound the Keypad alarm” becasue I already have a distinct alarm.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words!

To modify it to get rid of the alarm sounding, you can just get rid of the alarm_triggered trigger (and the choice branch that goes with it, for neatness).

Thanks for the above - im just having a test run with it :slight_smile: (im removing my ring alarm and switching to Alarmo, Konnected and the ring sensors etc, and looking at how i can still use the base station for internal alarm)

Any way, thats my plan, i do however have 1 problem.

For some reason, when i arm, disarm etc, i dont get any sounds from the keypad? only the button presses? (i am using a v1 keypad though)

Any ideas?

also the status lights dont light up (if its in arm, disarm etc) - (it does set the alarm on HA though as i can see the state change)

The v1 keypad is different enough from the v2 that they’re not interchangeable. I don’t have a v1 to test with, but Sleevezipper on github was kind enough to put together notes and a blueprint for v1. Give that a try and see if it works better for you.

How were you able to get the blueprint to read your keypad that was added to HA via the Ring-MQTT addon? I have my ring keypad v2 visible in HA, but unfortunately the blueprint doesnt see it:

Alternatively, I just have it paired with the ring app since I have a ring base station. I then created an automation to arm/disarm alarmo when ring is, and vice versa.

This blueprint is for keypads paired directly to Home Assistant. I’m afraid it can’t support your use case.

Awesome blueprint. Thanks so much!

1 Like

Dude that’s so frickin cool, it works perfectly!

1 Like

As a heads up, Alarmo 1.9.0 removes the delay state attribute that this blueprint uses to set the entry/exit delay times. The Alarmo developer is supportive of putting it back to fix the problem, but I’d recommend not upgrading Alarmo until another version is released.