System Monitoring - How does yours look?

Thanks for the tips. Hadn’t checked this Supervisor / … / Harware before, but unfortunately it doesn’t show network related info.
Tried ipconfig (familiar with that from the Windows side) already before, but it is not installed in HA OS. Wonder if I can install more commands to HA OS? Also lm-monitor might give more interesting info, like more detailed CPU temperatures.

ifconfig not ipconfig. This is a Linux based system.

(obviously need more sleep, but this is just too addictive)
ifconfig gives ‘eth0’, but using that with the systemmonitor doessn’t show anything.

Have a look in your Supervisor / Host log. I have a bunch of logs where eth0 is renamed.

That’s it, thanks @tom_l . Browsed the logs and found ‘eno1’, which works.
This is endless, though… would like to get all the four CPU core temperatures, but that doesn’t seem straightforward to achieve.

Try this for the package temp. Not sure how to get each core temp.

I’m having the same issue on my NUC, eth0 nor eth1 is working to give the throughput stats. There are multiple entries in the host log similar to the below, but they all have eth0 or 1 renamed from a different number…

veth2772fa9: renamed from eth0
eth0: renamed from veth74c79b0
eth1: renamed from veth9779081

It’s all over the place… any ideas @tom_l

ifconfig suggests it should be eth0

It’ the same here, so likely you could find out the one to use by browsing the logs. Search for ’ eth0’ (I had several tens of occurrances) and see the one that differs from those multiple entries veth… I had this line
e1000e 0000:00:1f.6 eno1: renamed from eth0. Tried ‘eno1’ and it works.

I tried a search but didn’t get any hits other than the ‘vethxxxx’ type stuff

Have you tried just hassio for interface name? I was struggling for ages to find interface name in my VM running on ESXi and found this trick somewhere in the forum… Funny is that it is not listed by any system command as valid interface name… But it is working for me :slight_smile:

I’ll give it a shot and report back. Thanks.

Seems that both work in my HA OS setup. This is just after the server restart:

Odd that they are different values though…

How did you add all the graphs into one container?

I found an easy way to determine the ethernet interface, SSH into HA and it’s listed straight away. Mine ended up being eno1.

Thanks for the pointers :+1:

How is the networking done in HASSIO docker container? By default docker uses bridges to provide networking - thus is eno1 the real network port and hassio is the docker bridge to it?

Hi Bill , it does not work with HASSIO :frowning:

Hello, I can’t install a python on the Raspberry with HomematicMatic. someone an idea how I can represent the sensors of the Raspberry with the image

hey bigstation,
very nice and clean dashboard.

Do you mind to share how you count the connected clients on wifi?

thanks

Here is mine

3 Likes