Tahoma Integration Refactored

Hi, did you change the log level for the integration? You can set it without rebooting HA with the service

service: logger.set_level
data:
  custom_components.tahoma: debug

Thanks for getting back @vlebourl , I’ve tried running the service from Developer Tools / Service but get the error unable to find service ‘logger.set_level’. Do I need to have a logger command in my config YAML to see this?

Yes indeed. Sorry for the misunderstanding. You can add this to your configuration.yaml:

logger:
  default: critical
  logs:
    custom_components.tahoma: debug

After the last update using HACS my Tahoma Light Sensor is unavailable.
Any solution?

Version 2.6 introduced some breaking changes around sensors. Did you check if a new sensor has been created?

If not, Can you please open an issue on our repository GitHub - iMicknl/ha-tahoma: Custom component for Home Assistant to interact with smart devices via Som using the unsupported device template?

1 Like

You are right a new entity has been created. I will change it in my automation flows. Thanks for the fast reply!!

1 Like

Hi,

I have the following errors following the Core2021.9.3 update

2021-09-06 08:25:33 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] custom_components.tahoma.sensor is setting 'unit_of_measurement' on an instance of SensorEntityDescription, this is not valid and will be unsupported from Home Assistant 2021.11. Please report it to the custom component author.
2021-09-06 08:25:34 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] custom_components.tahoma.sensor is setting 'unit_of_measurement' on an instance of SensorEntityDescription, this is not valid and will be unsupported from Home Assistant 2021.11. Please report it to the custom component author.
2021-09-06 08:25:34 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] custom_components.tahoma.sensor is setting 'unit_of_measurement' on an instance of SensorEntityDescription, this is not valid and will be unsupported from Home Assistant 2021.11. Please report it to the custom component author.
2021-09-06 08:25:34 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setting up sensor.tahoma
2021-09-06 08:25:34 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setting up climate
2021-09-06 08:25:34 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of domain climate took 0.0 seconds
2021-09-06 08:25:34 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Entity sensor.io_1086078_4_electric_energy_consumption (<class 'custom_components.tahoma.sensor.OverkizStateSensor'>) with state_class measurement has set last_reset. Setting last_reset is deprecated and will be unsupported from Home Assistant Core 2021.11. Please update your configuration if state_class is manually configured, otherwise report it to the custom component author.
2021-09-06 08:25:34 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Entity sensor.io_1086078_5_electric_energy_consumption (<class 'custom_components.tahoma.sensor.OverkizStateSensor'>) with state_class measurement has set last_reset. Setting last_reset is deprecated and will be unsupported from Home Assistant Core 2021.11. Please update your configuration if state_class is manually configured, otherwise report it to the custom component author.
2021-09-06 08:25:34 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Entity sensor.io_1086078_6_electric_energy_consumption (<class 'custom_components.tahoma.sensor.OverkizStateSensor'>) with state_class measurement has set last_reset. Setting last_reset is deprecated and will be unsupported from Home Assistant Core 2021.11. Please update your configuration if state_class is manually configured, otherwise report it to the custom component author.
2021-09-06 08:25:34 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] Error while setting up tahoma platform for switch
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 249, in _async_setup_platform
await asyncio.shield(task)
File "/config/custom_components/tahoma/switch.py", line 50, in async_setup_entry
[
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
  1. a PR 550 exists already for “WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] custom_components.tahoma.sensor is setting ‘unit_of_measurement’ on an instance of SensorEntityDescription, this is not valid and will be unsupported from Home Assistant 2021.11. Please report it to the custom component author.”

2. a PR #465 exists already for the " Unexpected error fetching device events data: argument of type ‘NoneType’ is not iterable"

3. Should i open an issue for the errors “last reset” related to my PAC Atlantic devices ?
    Thank you

Thanks @gerardsamara! Please update to v2.7.1 and let us know via an issue if you face any other issues :).

I have a problem with the integration. I have 5 somfy roller shutter. Everithing work fine.
My problem is that everytime i restart my server the area of my device change and is automatically set to “All House”.

I have tried to remove manually but when I restart the server return to “All House” area. I have also tried to eliminate the area but nothing change. Somebody can help me?

1 Like

I see you also reported this on GitHub (thanks!), lets have the discussion there.

By the way, best would be if we can close this topic and have the discussion in Overkiz API and Somfy API - Feature Requests - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io). That will have a discussion about the Somfy and/or Overkiz integration.

Hi,

The documentation link of the Tahoma Overkiz integration seems to be outdated … Tahoma - Home Assistant

Is it a known issue ?
Thank you

EDIT ,

As pointed out here … https://github.com/iMicknl/ha-tahoma … this is related to the old Tahoma integration

@gerardsamara the documentation won’t be updated until the new Overkiz integration is in core.

For more information on the custom component, see Overkiz API and Somfy API - Feature Requests - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io).

hello,

how to active “boost mode” on my water heater please
i have only "eco,manual and auto

Hi, if you have a missing feature, please open us an issue following these instructions.

Hi

I recently tried an upgrade of the integration, but since then it refuses to load (it displays the message “not loaded” on its card in Configuration → Integrations).
My current config:

• Home Assistant 2021.12.8
  • ha-tahoma v2.10.2
  • Hub : Nexity Eugénie

Here is the error I get at startup:

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 229, in _async_setup_component
result = await task
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 52, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tahoma/init.py”, line 78, in setup
conf = config[DOMAIN]
KeyError: ‘tahoma’

I tried to use the configuration flow (by clicking the blue button in README.md in Github), but I got this error (on the popup window):

Configuration flow could not be loaded

If I add these lines in configuration.yaml:

tahoma:
username: !secret tahoma_user
password: !secret tahoma_pass

(Of course, the corresponding parameters are in my secrets.yaml file :slight_smile: )
I get this error:

Error during setup of component tahoma

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 229, in _async_setup_component
result = await task
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 52, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tahoma/init.py”, line 83, in setup
api = TahomaApi(username, password)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/tahoma_api/tahoma_api.py”, line 32, in init
self.login()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/tahoma_api/tahoma_api.py”, line 54, in login
raise Exception("Could not login: " + result[‘error’])
Exception: Could not login: Bad credentials

I agree, it shouldn’t have worked at the following step :slight_smile: , so I tried adding the ‘hub’ parameter under tahoma in configuration.yaml (I guessed that from CONF_HUB in const.py):

hub: ‘nexity’

Then I get this error:

The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Invalid config for [tahoma]: [hub] is an invalid option for [tahoma]. Check: tahoma->tahoma->hub. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 30).

How can I correctly specify the hub option ? Am I doing anything wrong beside that ?

Thank you for your help !

@ofboir YAML configuration is not supported. Please see README (GitHub - iMicknl/ha-tahoma: Custom component for Home Assistant to interact with smart devices via Somfy TaHoma or other OverKiz based API's.) and instructions there.

Trying to fix the broken install was a dead end indeed. I did a fresh new install and it’s working again. Thank you !

hello! the problem is back. (i think)
the integration doesn’t work anymore:

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: custom_components.tahoma
Source: custom_components/tahoma/__init__.py:64 
Integration: Overkiz (by Somfy) 
First occurred: January 14, 2022, 7:18:53 PM (3 occurrences) 
Last logged: 8:15:19 AM

__init__() missing 1 required keyword-only argument: 'last_update_time'
  File "/config/custom_components/tahoma/__init__.py", line 64, in async_setup_entry
    setup, scenarios = await asyncio.gather(*tasks)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/backoff/_async.py", line 133, in retry
    ret = await target(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyoverkiz/client.py", line 261, in get_setup
    setup = Setup(**humps.decamelize(response))
TypeError: __init__() missing 1 required keyword-only argument: 'last_update_time'

Please create an issue on GitHub if you face issues.

have a question please. ever since the move to button for the my position, my set of 2 ‘lamellen’ (RTS) isnt operating reliably anymore. I used to call them with a script:

garage_lamellen_my:
    alias: Lamellen My
    mode: restart
    sequence:
      service: tahoma.set_cover_my_position
      entity_id:
        - cover.lamel_rechts
        - cover.lamel_links

which worked fine, and now do:

garage_lamellen_my:
    alias: Lamellen My
    sequence:
      service: button.press
      target:
        entity_id:
          - button.lamel_links_my_position
          - button.lamel_rechts_my_position

and often find the 1 lamel not being re-positioned.

its a bit odd because I see the same with another script that still uses the cover service:

garage_lamellen_close:
    alias: Lamellen Close
    sequence:
      service: cover.close_cover
      entity_id:
        - cover.lamel_rechts
        - cover.lamel_links

could it be I need to add a small delay maybe? Otoh, its always the left one (and I have explicitly used a different order in both scripts to see if that had anything to do with it…)

Would be interested to hear if anyone else sees this, and what their solution could be.

btw running version 2.10.1, so not latest, (because of the authorization issues I prefer the ‘old’ way still)
thanks!