Tahoma Integration Refactored

Hi, I wanted to share my progress on getting authentication to work with my Connexoon RTS in Australia.

I’m interested to know if others are experiencing the same issue (and of course if this solution works for you).

Did you change the update interval to a very high interval? That could possibly be a fix…

No, I left it at the default 30 seconds. Is that the interval you’re referring to? I wouldn’t think more frequent than that would make a difference?

See https://github.com/iMicknl/ha-tahoma/issues/369. I am not sure if this is the actual problem, but if you only use RTS devices, you could easily set it to a day or a week.

1 Like

Thanks for the link to the issue. I misinterpreted high interval to be very frequent - of course you’re talking about going the other way!
I’ll give it a go!

i have no idea why, but since yesterday suddenly the whole integration stopped working.
I removed it, added it again but it doesn’t find any rolluiken anymore. i don’t know where to start… this is the only error that i see

2021-04-30 08:21:42 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.tahoma] __init__() missing 1 required keyword-only argument: 'last_update_time'

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/config/custom_components/tahoma/__init__.py", line 114, in async_setup_entry

places = await client.get_places()

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/backoff/_async.py", line 133, in retry

ret = await target(*args, **kwargs)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyhoma/client.py", line 307, in get_places

places = Place(**humps.decamelize(response))

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyhoma/models.py", line 515, in __init__

self.sub_places = [Place(**p) for p in sub_places] if sub_places else None

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyhoma/models.py", line 515, in <listcomp>

self.sub_places = [Place(**p) for p in sub_places] if sub_places else None

TypeError: __init__() missing 1 required keyword-only argument: 'last_update_time'

Which version of the component have you installed? We fixed this last week.

HACS = 1.12.3

tahoma integration = 2.4.9 ← but im not sure, i see this when i click on “information” but i also already did a “reinstall”

The version 2.4.10 is the latest and fix your issue.

hmm, why doesn’t it show up then when i do an upgrade?

here it also says 2.4.9 as the latest.

We forgot to publish it :pray: It’s OK now.

ah:) rebooting now!

solved thanks!

Firstly thanks to all the devs for the great work on this. I have an issue with actions being logged in the logbook. This used to work but on an unrelated issue I recreated the database and now don’t see any actions for my blinds in the logbook, e.g. a call to open or close from the Lovelace card. I’ve created a new test system with only this integration, same result. My config YAML has the recorder and history lines included to trap everything (and also tried with just the default config YAML). Can’t think of anything else so hoping the experts can help! Many thanks.

Hi, did you change the log level for the integration? You can set it without rebooting HA with the service

service: logger.set_level
data:
  custom_components.tahoma: debug

Thanks for getting back @vlebourl , I’ve tried running the service from Developer Tools / Service but get the error unable to find service ‘logger.set_level’. Do I need to have a logger command in my config YAML to see this?

Yes indeed. Sorry for the misunderstanding. You can add this to your configuration.yaml:

logger:
  default: critical
  logs:
    custom_components.tahoma: debug

After the last update using HACS my Tahoma Light Sensor is unavailable.
Any solution?

Version 2.6 introduced some breaking changes around sensors. Did you check if a new sensor has been created?

If not, Can you please open an issue on our repository GitHub - iMicknl/ha-tahoma: Custom component for Home Assistant to interact with smart devices via Som using the unsupported device template?

1 Like