Tasmota MQTT IRHVAC Controller

is it normal that my ac uses gree for everything and then kelvinator for the timer?

normal use of the thermostat in home assistant produces this

08:33:19.175 CMD: Grp 0, Cmnd 'IRHVAC', Idx 1, Len 324, Data '{"StateMode": "SendStore", "Vendor": "GREE", "Model": "1", "Power": "on", "Mode": "cool", "Celsius": "on", "Temp": 26, "FanSpeed": "min", "SwingV": "auto", "SwingH": "off", "Quiet": "off", "Turbo": "off", "Econo": "off", "Light": "on", "Filter": "off", "Clean": "off", "Beep": "off", "Sleep": 0, "Clock": 1053, "Weekday": 2}'

im getting

08:20:54.705 MQT: tele/tasmota_8C3A30/RESULT = {"IrReceived":{"Protocol":"KELVINATOR","Bits":128,"Data":"0x199A6050002000F0199A606000E001B1","Repeat":0,"IRHVAC":{"Vendor":"KELVINATOR","Model":-1,"Mode":"Cool","Power":"On","Celsius":"On","Temp":26,"FanSpeed":"Auto","SwingV":"Off","SwingH":"Off","Quiet":"Off","Turbo":"Off","Econo":"Off","Light":"On","Filter":"On","Clean":"Off","Beep":"Off","Sleep":-1}}}

when i turn the timer on with the real remote controller
when i try sending a payload to cmnd/tasmota_8C3A30/irhvac with the following data

{"Protocol":"KELVINATOR","Bits":128,"Data":"0x199A6050002000F0199A606000E001B1","Repeat":0,"IRHVAC":{"Vendor":"KELVINATOR","Model":1,"Mode":"Cool","Power":"On","Celsius":"On","Temp":26,"FanSpeed":"Auto","SwingV":"Off","SwingH":"Off","Quiet":"Off","Turbo":"Off","Econo":"Off","Light":"On","Filter":"On","Clean":"Off","Beep":"Off","Sleep":-1}}

turns the unit off, so i thought it might just want the data
so i tried

{"Protocol":"KELVINATOR","Bits":128,"Data":"0x199A6050002000F0199A606000E001B1","Repeat":0}

but everything i send to the unit just turns it off

Happy user here and thanks for all your work. I lashed up a controller using an esp8266 and it is working on one air conditioner. I made a pcb and cant get home assistant to recognise a second controller for an identical air conditioner in a different part of the house. Is there any issue with having two controllers?

######################
#                                       #
#   Bedroom Aircon          #
#                                      #
#####################

- platform: tasmota_irhvac
    vendor: "panasonic_ac"
    hvac_model: "6" 
    name: "Bedroom AC"
    command_topic: "cmnd/bedroom_aircon/irhvac"
    state_topic: "tele/bedroom_aircon/RESULT"
    temperature_sensor: sensor.ble_temperature_a4c1383b4547
    unique_id: 'bedroom_panasonic_ac'
  # protocol: "PANASONIC_AC"
    away_temp: 24 #optional - default 24 int value
    supported_modes:
      - "cool"
      - "heat"
      - "dry"
      - "fan_only"
      - "auto"
      - "off"
    supported_fan_speeds:
      - "min"
      - "low"
      - "medium"
      - "high"
      - "max"
      - "auto"
    supported_swing_list:
      - "off"
      - "vertical" #up to down
      - "horizontal" # Left to right
      - "both"

#####################
#                                      #
#  Office Aircon               #
#                                     #
#####################

- platform: tasmota_irhvac
    vendor: "panasonic_ac"
    hvac_model: "6" 
    name: "Office AC"
    command_topic: "cmnd/office_aircon/irhvac"
    state_topic: "tele/office_aircon/RESULT"
    temperature_sensor: sensor.ble_temperature_a4c1383b4547
    unique_id: 'bedroom_panasonic_ac'
  # protocol: "PANASONIC_AC"
    supported_modes:
      - "cool"
      - "heat"
      - "dry"
      - "fan_only"
      - "auto"
      - "off"
    supported_fan_speeds:
      - "min"
      - "low"
      - "medium"
      - "high"
      - "max"
      - "auto"
    supported_swing_list:
      - "off"
      - "vertical" #up to down
      - "horizontal" # Left to right
      - "both"

@kiwipaul Should not be a problem …

So the initial post contains a schematic for the IR receiver and emitter, but how do I connect & configure the PIR & temp sensors?

i have the same issue not sending the MQTT but receiving is working well

@sebakerckhof
BME280 tehmp/humidity/air pressure:
VCC → 3.3V
GND → GND
SCL → D7
SDA → D5
AM312 PIR:
VCC → 3.3V (or 5V)
GND → GND
VOUT → D2

In order to make it work I’m using Tasmota 8.1 ircustom bin

I’m trying to add multiple transmitters to mine to control ACs in different rooms but as soon as I copy and add the config for the second AC the entity for the first one disappears

Hello, after several months working, now my 3 tasmoted devices are inside HA as entity unavailable.
Can you help me to recover its ??

I updated your newest update
HA: 2022.3.5
Tasmota 10, upgraded to 11 no changes
Wemos D1 Mini

This is one example climate

* platform: tasmota_irhvac
name: "Room papis Gree"
command_topic: "cmnd/tasmota/wemos/ir/papis/IRHVAC"
state_topic: "tele/tasmota/wemos/ir/papis/RESULT"
temperature_sensor: sensor.lumi_lumi_weather_temperature_papis
vendor: "GREE"
min_temp: 16 #optional - default 16 int value
max_temp: 32 #optional - default 32 int value
target_temp: 21 #optional - default 26 int value
initial_operation_mode: "off" # optional - default "off" string value (one of the "supported_modes")
precision: 1 #optional - default 1 int or float value. Can be set to 1, 0.5 or 0.1
supported_modes:
  * "heat"
  * "cool"
  * "dry"
  * "fan_only"
  * "auto"
  * "off"
supported_fan_speeds:
  * "medium"
  * "high"
  * "min"
  * "max"
supported_swing_list:
  * "off"
  * "vertical" #up to down
default_quiet_mode: "Off" #optional - default "Off" string value
default_turbo_mode: "Off" #optional - default "Off" string value
default_econo_mode: "Off" #optional - default "Off" string value
hvac_model: 1 #optional - default "1" string value
celsius_mode: "On" #optional - default "On" string value
default_light_mode: "Off" #optional - default "Off" string value
default_filter_mode: "Off" #optional - default "Off" string value
default_clean_mode: "Off" #optional - default "Off" string value
default_beep_mode: "Off" #optional - default "Off" string value
default_sleep_mode: -1 #optional - default "-1" string value 

I’m facing the same problem.
My climate.bedroom_ac entity suddenly disappeared after an upgrade.
I’m using an IR Blaster with tasmota 9.5.1 firmware.

Hello, I solved the problem reducing the complexity of the topic. deleting all “/”

1 Like

@poraschaudhary Same problem as who? After what upgrade? Explain everything (even small details) and include information like versions, configs and logs from Home Assitant and Tasmota.

@kaciker I want to mention that the fix was not just deletin all “/”, but just shortening the Tasmota topic from lets say “tele/tasmota/wemos/ir/papis/RESULT” and “cmnd/tasmota/wemos/ir/papis/IRHVAC” to something like “tele/tasmota/RESULT” and “cmnd/tasmota/IRHVAC”. Not sure why, but this helped. Might be something with the way HA handles complex topics. :slight_smile:

Hello, no, with “/” is not working either my local HA or my cloud HA. I needed to remove the clasification topic to make works, so the topic only works being a single word.
This “cmnd/tasmota/papisir/IRHVAC” NOt works
Only this “cmnd/papisir/IRHVAC” In config Tasmota Mqtt only one word “papisir”

hi @Chris_Holt , I`m facing tha same issue with “light”, can you please tell me what line to modify into climate.py to enable this function?

Sorry, can’t tell the version when it happened.
But I did manage to resolve it by removing the tasmota_irhvac folder in custom components and re-adding it by downloading the latest one from the repo.

Works like a charm now!
Thanks!

This is very helpful.

I have a couple of doubts though:

• Are the Temperature / Humidity / Air pressure sensor (BME280) and the PIR sensor (AM312) required?
  • Are the IR emitter and the PIR motion sensor both on D2? I am trying to figure things out from the Tasmota configuration but am confused about these connections.

For noobs like me, please can someone let me know if this circuit diagram as per the Tasmota configuration is correct? I am planning to power the NodeMCU ESP8266 via a USB cable.

@wwwescape AM312 and BME280 are not mandatory for the project. You can skip it from the config by removing the line temperature_sensor:.

If you decide to use BME280 and/or AM312 look here:

Also you can read this thread from the begginig. I remember I posted some schemes how to connect the components and how to configure tasmota to work with them. :slight_smile:

Thanks, @gh0s7! With your help I got it working! I am really happy! :slight_smile:

I’m having one issue though. Occasionally, when using the remote, nothing happens. When I check the Tasmota console, I see that vendor is Unknown.

{"IrReceived":{"Protocol":"UNKNOWN","Bits":30,"Hash":"0xBE51E347","Repeat":0}}

I don’t know if this is a problem with the IR transceiver, the Tasmota bin file, or the remotes themselves.

I also see this in the Tasmota console appearing randomly:

tele/MasterBedroomIRTransceiver/HASS_STATE = {"Version":"11.1.0(TasmoCompiler-esp8266generic)","BuildDateTime":"2022-04-13T12:06:40","Module or Template":"Generic","RestartReason":"Software/System restart","Uptime":"0T00:05:10","Hostname":"MasterBedroomIRTransceiver-0353","IPAddress":"192.168.0.221","RSSI":"98","Signal (dBm)":"-51","WiFi LinkCount":1,"WiFi Downtime":"0T00:00:04","MqttCount":1,"LoadAvg":19}

Not sure if the above is related in any way, though.

Any thoughts?

1 Like

After updating to 2022.5 (both 2022.5.1 and 2022.5.2 ) integration failed.
ValueError: ‘unavailable’ is not a valid HVACMode

same error here