Tasmota MQTT IRHVAC Controller

If you don’t have IR receiver attached to the board and configured it is normal. The card updates if you use the card or if you have IR receiver, that catches the signals from the controller itself and the original remote controller. Fo if you don’t have IR receiver it is normal.

@cemara It depends from the maximum power consumption of the AC, also it depends from the voltage 110V or 220V. In my country we use 220V and my AC maximum power consumption it sais 1.5kW wich is 7A. I see that Sonoff s31 is up to 1800W on 120V 15A …
You have to see whats the maximum input current or power of your AC (it should be listed on the inner body of the AC). Tell us the max input power, max input current or max consumption of you AC, also your outlet voltage and we can reccomend you some of the brands and models. For the first question - yes, still no separate dropdowns for Horisontal Swing and Vertical Swing.

Thanks, I ended up getting athom since it’s preflashed, and it supports 220v,
regarding s31, I have the same issue my country is using 220v,
but the thing is,
in itead’s website they said it doesn’t support 220v,
but I asked s31 seller in aliexpress he said the S31 description supports 90v-250v,
I hope someone could clarify this… would rather get sonoff tbh.

@cemara I think if you’re not using multisplit AC, 16Amps would be enough. 16A @ 220V are 3.50kW. Most of the AC are usin less power, but in AliExpress I see there are even 20A sockets/plugs (4.4kW). But you better check your AC power needs befor buying anything …

@cemara as for the vertical and horisontal swing… @nao-pon is currently implementing services that allows setting SwingH and SwingV. The only down side using service calls is that it won’t show in dropdown in More Info in the card. It will be necessary to use it manually from servicess or create a script/automation and attach it to a button lets say, if you want it to be controllable via the UI. Or you can use it with input_select helper.

1 Like

I created a Blueprint to control a vertical or horizontal vane, so I’ll share it with you. Currently you need his Github version of Tasmota-IRHVAC.

First, create a dropdown helper containing the list of wind directions your AC supports.

A list of what this integration supports can be found in the Blueprint details.

2 Likes

Thank you
I use a BW RC1 to send and receive the IR signal
But when I send the mqtt command, somehow it does not update the card…

Sorry if It’s been mentioned, but I can’t find any way to make this work in conjuction with tasmota plugs like athom to detect (and importantly update) it real state on/off condition.
If there’s an infrared from other source and it’s somehow captured by the AC first I think it’s gonna cause the state to go out of sync

@gh0s7
Hi, can you have at look at my wiring connection?
I’m powering it via usb, so I’m using VU pin but i still can’t get transmitter working.
The receiver works just fine though

Hi, just to confirm
You’ve replaced the led with a proper IR transmitter since you had the wrong one installed before this on the breadboard?

yep. Can’t tell you how and why I got the ‘clear’ LED but it is definitely not an IR transmitter. Anyway - rule of thumb: check connections, then check the components one by one :slight_smile:

Hi,
does it work with the latest HA. I have been struggling for several days and the async_update_ha_state does not seem to be working at all. The UI card shows “Undefined” with all controls “Off”. I am running on:

Home Assistant 2022.11.2
Supervisor 2022.10.2
Operating System 9.3
Frontend 20221108.0 - latest

It works … But last 2 changes were not included, so I made a new version. You can try to update. If this does not fix the problem, post here your config for Tasmota-Irhvac.

1 Like

Hi, which is the new version? I downloaded it again from here:
Used a fresh HAOS installation and followed the README. I added a new Thermostat card and here is my Dashboard config:

title: Home
views:

• path: default_view
    title: Home
    cards:
    • type: thermostat
      entity: climate.irhvac

Here is my configuration.yaml:

# Loads default set of integrations. Do not remove.
default_config:

# Load frontend themes from the themes folder
frontend:
themes: !include_dir_merge_named themes

# Text to speech
tts:

• platform: google_translate

automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml
climate:

• platform: tasmota_irhvac
    name: “IRHVAC”
    command_topic: “cmnd/irhvac_test/irhvac”
    state_topic: “tele/irhvac_test/RESULT”
    temperature_sensor: sensor.irhvac_test_temperature
    humidity_sensor: sensor.irhvac_test_humidity
    power_sensor: binaly_sensor.irhvac_test_ac_power
    vendor: “MIDEA”
    min_temp: 16
    max_temp: 32
    target_temp: 26
    initial_operation_mode: “off”
    away_temp: 24
    precision: 1
    supported_modes:
    • “heat”
    • “cool”
    • “dry”
    • “fan_only”
    • “auto”
    • “off”
      supported_fan_speeds:
    • “medium”
    • “high”
    • “min”
    • “max”
      supported_swing_list:
    • “off”
    • “vertical”
      default_quiet_mode: “Off”
      default_turbo_mode: “Off”
      default_econo_mode: “Off”
      hvac_model: “-1”
      celsius_mode: “On”
      default_light_mode: “Off”
      default_filter_mode: “Off”
      default_clean_mode: “Off”
      default_beep_mode: “Off”
      default_sleep_mode: “-1”
      default_swingv: “high”
      default_swingh: “left”
      keep_mode_when_off: True
      toggle_list: []

And the result is like this:
Tasmota-IRHVAC

Hi, I found what the root cause of the issue is. Due to lack of LWT message the MQTT marks the entity as unavailable.

Hi one question es there any way to read both state topics
state_topic: “tele/smart_ir/RESULT”
and
state_topic: “stat/smart_ir/RESULT”

beacause if i use an auotomation mqtt payload i need the stat to update climate status and if i use the remote i need the tele one to read the ir…

Thanks

Thanks for your great post, everything works perfectly for me
Just one question please
How do I control light of the AC? I mean when i give commands, it took command correctly but light is off
{‘IrReceived’: {‘Protocol’: ‘FUJITSU_AC’, ‘Bits’: 128, ‘Data’: ‘0x0x1463001010FE09304013003008002025’, ‘Repeat’: 0, ‘IRHVAC’: {‘Vendor’: ‘FUJITSU_AC’, ‘Model’: 1, ‘Power’: ‘On’, ‘Mode’: ‘fan_only’, ‘Celsius’: ‘On’, ‘Temp’: 20, ‘FanSpeed’: ‘Auto’, ‘SwingV’: ‘Off’, ‘SwingH’: ‘Off’, ‘Quiet’: ‘Off’, ‘Turbo’: ‘Off’, ‘Econo’: ‘Off’, ‘Light’: ‘Off’, ‘Filter’: ‘Off’, ‘Clean’: ‘Off’, ‘Beep’: ‘Off’, ‘Sleep’: -1}}}
How do i control light to be on or off at HA

Thanks in advance

@SinanIbrahim Unfortunately, if you pass ‘Light’: ‘On’ and the light stays off, that means that the library for the IR does not support turning light on and off for your AC model.

@jbrande I’m using tele in my config and it works for me for everywhere. If you use the climate entity in your automation it should update it in the UI too.

Hi, so I have this ir signal for controlling ceiling fan speed (low, medium, high)

18:17:43.678 MQT: tele/remote_livingroom/RESULT = {"IrReceived":{"Protocol":"SYMPHONY","Bits":12,"Data":"0xC01","DataLSB":"0x3080","Repeat":0}}
18:17:44.983 MQT: tele/remote_livingroom/RESULT = {"IrReceived":{"Protocol":"SYMPHONY","Bits":12,"Data":"0xC04","DataLSB":"0x3020","Repeat":0}}
18:17:46.088 MQT: tele/remote_livingroom/RESULT = {"IrReceived":{"Protocol":"SYMPHONY","Bits":12,"Data":"0xC43","DataLSB":"0x30C2","Repeat":0}}

How do you integrate this as fan speed entity? So I can use with this with Fan Percent Button Row (hacs)