Template macro as helper

The template macros added in 2023.4 is fantastic, but because I have to fuzz around in the config files to create them, I end up using them way less than I would if there were more easily accessible. It would be great if they could be added in the UI, for example as an option under the template helper.

Good idea.
If you think it’s a good idea, you should vote for it. I did…
Suggested Reading:
Feature Request Guidelines :notebook_with_decorative_cover: - Feature Requests - Home Assistant Community.

And in case you didn’t know, custom templates (macros) are available in HACS if you bring up the experimental features interface. I have a couple of them there.

1 Like

I was going to say that this is unlikely as the macros are not developed by the core team, but then I remembered the UI support for blueprints. So sure, you get my vote.

1 Like

I suggest voting for it yourself as well

Whops!

custom templates (macros) are available in HACS if you bring up the experimental features

I didn’t, thanks for the info! Still would be nice to not have to rely on HACS with so much of this feature already existing, but absolutely good to know in the (hopefully) mean time.