Tesla Custom Integration seems to have stopped working

Continuing the discussion from Tesla Custom Integration stopped working:

I seem to have a similar problem - The Tesla Custom Integration appears to have stopped working, I’ve been using it for a little over a month to control my Powerwall i.e. switching between ‘Time-Based Control’ and ‘Back-Up’ modes.

But the integration seems to have stopped working with my Powerwall stuck in ‘Back-Up’ mode, which isn’t shown on the Tesla App, so I cannot use the app to switch to ‘Time-Based Control’.

I have deleted my account info for the integration in HA and have pasted in a new refresh token, hoping that that would cure the problem - but no luck.

When I use HA to try and switch the Powerwall mode I get a ‘Failed to call service select/select_option. unknown error’ message at bottom left.

Any thoughts/solutions would be much appreciated.

Tesla shuts down the old API today. Only the new fleet api can used.

1 Like

Same problem here. I cannot even ping my powerwall anymore. It shows up on the phone app but that is it. I hate Tesla right now!

-------- EDIT ----------
I shut off and turned on each of my batteries and the system appears to be talking again. We will see if this holds.

Stay Thirsty My Friends!

1 Like

How do we update to this? For my Teslafi account it worked easy. Does the integration need a update by the developer now?

When I go to my powerwall IP address I get this:

When I press continue I get this

I have not upgraded to pro on my phone. Yet. I want to see if they will continue to talk thru my wifi. I believe pro is now Tesla 1 in the app store.

The only thing that seems to be working is polling…unsolicited commands don’t.

I publish an app in the Garmin App store to control a Tesla vehicle from a Garmin watch and I was stuck with the same problem starting last december. It first affected new owners in Europe and Tesla mentions it will expand to all markers by the end of January.

What I did myself to solve that problem is to tie in to Tessie’s API instead of the Tesla’s API. Although using Tessie’s API is not free ($5 per month, $50 per year or $200 for lifetime access, up to 5 vehicles), its API is much easier to use than Tesla’s API and lots of back end error handling is done by them instead of us at the front end.

Another solution is for someone to create a HomeAssistant Tesla proxy server that everyone else will go through to contact Tesla’s server, or use another third party API like Teslafi, but Teslafi API is less feature rich than Tessie.

Seems to have been sorted.

I was ill with the flu all week, but recovered enough to poke HA today and the issue appears to have done away and I was able to reset my PW mode to ‘Time-Based Control’.

I’m now a ‘Happy Bunny’.

It is February 2024, I did a fresh install of the HACS integration for tesla, and I am still getting the same error. The discussions are filled with old information. What’s the status now? Is there a different integration?

Tesla update

14 hours ago

Last changed:14 hours ago

Last updated:14 hours ago

Up-to-date

Installed version

v3.19.8

Latest version

v3.19.8

Read release announcement

I’m completely a newbie to HA and tesla integration. I bought a new tesla in Feb 2024. Now I’m trying to set it up with HA. I didn’t check the “Use Fleet API Proxy” box and it got added. It can work to switch on/off the sentry mode. It can also fetch lots of data (e.g. energy_added, etc) from the car. I haven’t checked other functionalities. But I wonder, am I using the old rest api? Or the new one?

Update: Now I tested a few more functionalities. It can open trunks, windows, doors, flash lights. So far all good to me.

The integration documentation says http proxy: GitHub - alandtse/tesla: Tesla custom integration for Home Assistant. This requires a refresh token be generated by third-party apps to login.

However, my homeassistant is not using HAOS or docker (I installed in directly on Raspberry Pi). I wonder how different it is to manually set up with nginx (not an addon).

For me the problem still exists. Is there any solution available in the meantime that I have missed?