Test the new changes coming to Advantage Air using HACS

This integration doesnt “add” any functionality that doesnt already exist in the product, other than the generic advantages of Home Assistant like automations and using any voice assistant.

Can it tell you the temp of each room sensor, and based on that can he adjust the dampers directly?

Yes it can tell the temperature (if they have sensors), but no this integration does not control the dampers. I have experimented with that concept but never got it working as well as I wanted.

There was some kind of system to move the “main zone” around but he doesn’t really understand it.

As far as I know, there are 3 “modes” in MyAir: MyZone which is 1 zone target temp, MyTemp which lets you pick a target temp per room but it does this my fixing one zone at a time, and MyAuto which just keeps your house between 20-24 automatically. Send your friend the PDF to explain.

So essentially no, Home Assistant is not going to “fix” any of this, but I have none of the previously mentioned features, and it works just fine for my family. I just manually adjust the damper if a room gets too cold, or always make sure to open a damper near the return air vent (which is my only temp sensor).

Maybe one day I will finish the climate control app, at which point there could be an improvement.

Thanks @Brett_Adams , that’s interesting and useful. Seems a bit bizarre that the system only controls the temp of one zone at a time given it has sensors in each room and presumably dampers for each room. The Airtouch controls the temp of every room / zone at the same time.

The other thing my friend says is once the system is up to heat there’s a cool breeze that keeps blowing around, and makes things feel cold. Any thoughts about that? I know my Daikin / Airtouch did that, but it’s a Daikin feature that could be turned off. His system is a Mitsubishi ducted, 14kw, with five outlets.

There is a fresh air setting which you can change with my integration, but that somewhat sounds like the fan speed is set to high and could be lowered.

Thanks Brett, appreciate your help. I’ll see if my friend can get the system working ok, and if so we’ll get him onto HA and your plugin. If you do ever get damper control working that would be a nice feature, I use it quite a lot with my system.

Hi @Brett_Adams ! We recently got a new MyAir system installed at our place, and I’ve been working on integrating it with my Home Assistant dashboards using your test integration repo.

I was having an issue where I couldn’t turn on or off zones using the separate climate entities in HA. Using the direct service calls climate.turn_on, climate.turn_off, and climate.set_hvac_mode seemingly did nothing. Using the Mushroom climate card let me turn things off, but not on. The only way I could turn a zone on was with the standard HA Climate panel, and even then things seemed a bit inconsistent.

Well - I think I’ve figured it out! It appears as if these service calls are doing the opposite of what is expected.

Calling climate.set_hvac_mode off or climate.turn_off turns on the Zone.
Calling climate.set_hvac_mode head_cool or climate.turn_on turns off the Zone.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

My “MyPlace” app on the tablet is version 15.980. MyAir is version 5.

@Brett_Adams let me know if you need a hand testing any of the MyPlace system, I have the air, lights throughout & garage door. I also have detailed knowledge of the product works :wink:

Thanks for the report. I’ll try get this corrected soon.

Thanks. The HACS version at the top of this thread is the most feature rich, so any issues with it let me know.

Unfortunately I have hit resistance with the core team with switching presets/modes (MyZone/MyTemp/MuAuto), so I’m entirely unmotivated.

Maybe you can explain why some of the lower end systems become unavailable after running API commands?

Just gave this a go now. For reference I have a MyAir5 with individual temperature sensors. The current version I’ve been using and generally works quite well. I don’t have any automations or anything really set up on it though.

Initial items I’ve noticed

1. Fan speed has an “auto” option on mine. Currently it only supports low/medium/high. When on auto, the fan mode drop down is blank. I just reports as “auto” in the JSON.

Current integration seems to support “auto” sort of. It has it capitalised as “Auto” and allows you to set “auto” which correctly changes the unit’s speed but doesn’t seem to understand it when reading it back.

1. Similarly, my unit has “fan” and “dry” modes that don’t appear to be recognised fully. It reports “Fan Only - MyTemp” but it’s not possible to select it. If I select “fan” from the official app, when HA picks up the change, an error flashes up if changing from a valid mode (i.e. cool or heat). Same for “dry”

The current “official” integration seems to support fan/dry.

1. Turning off/on zones is backwards (as mentioned above). Works correctly in current integration.

An issue that are more related to how the system works than the integration (i.e. applies to both integrations):

1. If you turn off a zone that’s currently the MyZone, the system will not turn the zone off. I was thinking the integration could be smart and simply select another active zone for the MyZone first if the zone being turned off is the MyZone. The official app forces you to manually change the MyZone first.

Hi Brett! I looked into this and have submitted a PR to fix the zone toggle/mode bug.

Thanks I’ll take a look. Sorry I dropped the ball on doing the change myself.

Hey guys,
I have been using this integration for a month now and I can get the info I need, however, not really able to use it in my dashboard on HA. I am still trying a few things around, so I will leave this subject aside for the moment.

The real reason I am reaching out here is to ask if there is a way of getting the CURRENT ROOM TEMPERATURE extracted from the entity and added to my dashboard.

As you can see below, the current temperature is shown, but I don`t know how to show it as the entity is the ac itself.
temp

Is anyone able to shed some light on this matter, please?
Thanks!

Its in the attribute current_temperature, so either use a card that can display attributes like the Entity Card, or create a template sensor to pull the attribute into its on entity.

Hello Everyone, I have some good news, all the features of the HACS version are making their way into core (finally)!

With some minor exceptions, when this PR is merged and released, you can start thinking about removing the HACS version completely.

The only difference as it stands, is that Home Assistant core team wont allow an entity to dynamically change its supported features, which means changings presets (MyTemp, MyZone, MyAuto) wont actually change anything until Home Assistant restarts or reloads.

I have a PR in to make the reloads automatic, but we’ll have to see how that goes.

Im using the advantage air integration and have no issues controlling everything

Thanks for all the hard work Brett. Just got the new system installed and tested the integration, it all works fine.

Just one issue I’m facing. There is a delay in the action.
When a press something on the UI, a simple turn on/off, I can see this reflect instantly on the MyPlace App but it doesn’t reflect in HA for a while. So on the UI it seems like maybe you didn’t touch it correctly at all, so my partner keeps pressing the button multiple times :frowning:
Any suggestion?

Thanks

It can take up to 15 seconds because the integration is polling for new data, however if you mean when you make a change in Home Assistant, that’s a little odd because it also should be updating when you make a change.

Yes through HA.
Is this expected behavior?

No, unless your tablet is very slow. If that is the tablet in your video running Home Assistant, can I suggest you close Home Assistant, and open the relevant Advantage Air app instead and see if its any faster using Home Assistant from another device?

I double checked the code, and basically as soon as the change completes, Home Assistant polls to get new fresh data. So either the change is slow or the update after the change is slow, or both.

Hey Brett, Yes seems like the change is slow on the tablet. Yes, the HA dashboard is running on the MyAir tablet.
I closed everything, restarted the tablet and tested HA from another device. Still the same issue. If I give it 1 secord after the change is visible on the MyAir App and click the same button on HA entity then I see the update instantly on HA.

Mine is the 8 inch tablet, not sure if the install or the tablet can be slower than usual.

Any thoughts ? anything I can do to trigger a 2nd poll to get fresh data 1 second after to solve for the delay I am seeing ?

Thanks