Test the new changes coming to Advantage Air using HACS

My temporary solution, might actually stay forever if my change of state is slow.

Basically, using NodeRed to listen to call_service events and if the domain is climate then do an update entity on the climate entities. For now I am updating all climate entities, later I might target just the entity with the update. It works close to what I expect and hopefully this resolved the issue of multiple clicks for me :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve recently had a MyAir system installed and am having the same update delay problem regardless of which device Iā€™m on.

For example, if I change the target temperature on a standard climate control from 20 to 22, after a moment it will flick back to 20, then 10-15 seconds later update to 22.

If I look at the MyAir JSON (/getSystemData), or even just the MyPlace app, I can see the update does happen immediately. It just doesnā€™t update in Home Assistant until much later.

Riz - Iā€™d love to try your Node Red approach as a bandaid solution, but Iā€™m very new to Node Red, can you show me how you set up that event trigger to only be called for climate events, and your entity update climate events at the end?

How immediate are you talking? Basically the millisecond the change returns, Home Assistant does a query to update new data. Itā€™s possible I need to add 100ms or maybe even a second before the refresh. It would be helpful if someone raised an issue on GitHub so I can tag a PR against it.

I havenā€™t been able to measure specifically - but if I watch the MyPlace app on the Advantage Air tablet while I make the change on Home Assistant on my phone, the change seems very fast but not quite immediate. Maybe half a second. Not sure about the JSON call.

Iā€™ve raised an issue on GitHub, hopefully correctly (I havenā€™t done that before)

Am I losing my mind or did the heat/cool HVAC mode disappear in the most recent HA update? I swear it was there before. Home Assistant now just thinks the system is off if you have it in ā€œmyautoā€ mode (which I was reasonably sure translated to the HEAT_COOL mode in HA previously). Is this related to the new thermostat card?

Iā€™ll have to go check back if any PRs were merged, but MyAuto, MyTemp and MyZone are presets. You can be in MyAuto without being in HEAT COOL.

If your losing your mind send me a Diag in a GitHub issue and Iā€™ll troubleshoot the current logic.

Iā€™ve been trying to change how this works for months so Iā€™m a little foggy on whatā€™s actually in HA core right now.

Somethingā€™s changed again with the HA 2023.12.1 update - the master AC entity has lost its temperature control. Previously that would just reflect whatever MyAirā€™s target zoneā€™s target temperature is, and let you change that. Now it doesnā€™t show a target temperature at all, just the current temperature for MyAirā€™s selected target zone. The other controls (heat/cool/dehumidifier/fan/off) still work fine.

Can the ā€œTargetTempā€ be configured in increments of 0.5 degrees, or is this a limitation of Advantage Air? For instance, can I set the Cooling Target to 24.5 degrees Celsius?

Can you set it in .5 increments in the tablet or official app? If so let me know, but afaik you canā€™t.

Iā€™m afraid can not set .5 increments in the official app.
Maybe can use HA to monitor the Temp sensor and simulate the control of the Vent?