TFA KlimaLogg_pro Integration - Weather Station

Hello there!
I am working on an Integration for the (common?) weather station “TFA KlimaLogg_pro”.
My work is based on a weex-module, which was converted to be used “stand alone” as a PyPi-Module (name: kloggpro):

To get all this into Home Assistant, i have created a cusom component:

It is still experimental, but the prototype works for me™

The kloggpro-module still outputs many debug information, the custom component can only add temperature-sensors. “Host” will be the UI-name of this device, if you add it to Home Assistant.

Maybe someone who owns one of this stations wants to try this integration? There will be many errors… but I am working on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool… I was looking for a solution half a year ago to connect the Klimalogg pro. When I stumbled across this thread, I decided to take another try. It works like a charm.

Thank you very much!

1 Like

I’ve installed the ha_custom_klimaloggpro extension into “Home Assistant 2022.4.5”, installation type “Home Assitant OS” with the help of HACS

I’ve connected the USB stick and see it appears in the list of devices under dev id 6666:5555:

[core-ssh ~]$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 10c4:ea60
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514
Bus 001 Device 007: ID 6666:5555

The device is readable by the root user:

[core-ssh ~]$ ls -l /dev/bus/usb/001/007
crw-rw-r--    1 root     root      189,   6 Apr 20 23:25 /dev/bus/usb/001/007

(I don’t now however which user is used to run integraton).

My USB stick is paired with the KlimaLogPro station and can successfully transfer data over windows application.

However, when I plug the stick into Home Assitant, the KlimaLog integration is not able to detect sensors. I tried rebooting assitant, pressing “USB” button on the KlimaLogPro central station (USB symbol blinks indicating that the connection cannot be established).

I don’t have any further ideas how to troubleshoot this situation.
I see that some users report that the integration works perfectly for them.

Works fine to read sensors here for me. Connected to 4 extra sensors. The only thing I miss is a way to read older loggings on the logger so that no data will be thrown away after a downtime of the HA. It would be neat if the timestamps from the logger was used.

Jackdaw Can you share how your setup is? Did you install something else before or after this integration?

After adding this in HACS and reboot, what else must you do? I am new.

I use clean install on Raspberry Pi 4 with these current version, nothing is displayed, what is missing for me? I use Rasberry Pi 4 with Home assist 64 bit.

Home Assistant Core 2022.6.4
Home Assistant Supervisor 2022.05.3
Home Assistant OS 8.1

Hi.
I’m running HA on an HP T630 thin client using the generic x86-64 HAOS.
I have had the Klimalogg-Pro for several years now with 2 additional sensors feeding in to the App on my windows PC through the dongle.
I would like to use it directly into HA instead, so your work looked good.
I have downloaded and installed the repository ha_custom_klimaloggpro and restarted but apart from the thing showing up in the HACS screen, I’m not seeing anything else and now I’m not sure what to do.
It looks like I have to also download the kloggpro thing but that’s where I get lost.
Any help gratefully received.
I also have a question - To send data to the PC required me to press the USB button on the base station. I would want the base station to update HA in real time with no USB button press. Is that possible even?
Thanks.

Edit
Solution: After a couple of days and a brief dialogue with Martin (i assume) on the GitHub forum, I went back in and found the HACS ha_custom_klimaloggpro had been updated so I refreshed that. It now pops up as TFA Klimalogg pro Beta. But, I still couldn’t work out what to do with the kloggpro thing.
After another exchange, I was told to clear the cache of my browser so did that, went back into HA and searched for a new Integration called klimalogg and it was there this time. Pressed ‘Install’ or whatever and waited a minute and then the thing openned up inviting me to select the sensors I wanted. Brilliant.

Solution: I used clean install Home Assistant OS on a raspberry Pi 4 B and it din’t work.
I tried to install through Docker on my Synology (other CPU then a Raspberry) this method: Alternative - Home Assistant

And it works !
I don’t have to change USB ports.
After installing and have it on dashboard value stays empty, you need to press one time long on USB to get readings and that’s it.
Maybe did use the programmer a docker version on the Raspberry Pi 4 ? I did not test this method.