TFA KlimaLogg_pro Integration - Weather Station

Hello there!
I am working on an Integration for the (common?) weather station “TFA KlimaLogg_pro”.
My work is based on a weex-module, which was converted to be used “stand alone” as a PyPi-Module (name: kloggpro):

To get all this into Home Assistant, i have created a cusom component:

It is still experimental, but the prototype works for me™

The kloggpro-module still outputs many debug information, the custom component can only add temperature-sensors. “Host” will be the UI-name of this device, if you add it to Home Assistant.

Maybe someone who owns one of this stations wants to try this integration? There will be many errors… but I am working on it :slight_smile:

Cool… I was looking for a solution half a year ago to connect the Klimalogg pro. When I stumbled across this thread, I decided to take another try. It works like a charm.

Thank you very much!

1 Like

I’ve installed the ha_custom_klimaloggpro extension into “Home Assistant 2022.4.5”, installation type “Home Assitant OS” with the help of HACS

I’ve connected the USB stick and see it appears in the list of devices under dev id 6666:5555:

[core-ssh ~]$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 10c4:ea60
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514
Bus 001 Device 007: ID 6666:5555

The device is readable by the root user:

[core-ssh ~]$ ls -l /dev/bus/usb/001/007
crw-rw-r--    1 root     root      189,   6 Apr 20 23:25 /dev/bus/usb/001/007

(I don’t now however which user is used to run integraton).

My USB stick is paired with the KlimaLogPro station and can successfully transfer data over windows application.

However, when I plug the stick into Home Assitant, the KlimaLog integration is not able to detect sensors. I tried rebooting assitant, pressing “USB” button on the KlimaLogPro central station (USB symbol blinks indicating that the connection cannot be established).

I don’t have any further ideas how to troubleshoot this situation.
I see that some users report that the integration works perfectly for them.

Works fine to read sensors here for me. Connected to 4 extra sensors. The only thing I miss is a way to read older loggings on the logger so that no data will be thrown away after a downtime of the HA. It would be neat if the timestamps from the logger was used.