Thank you Balloob but please reopen "Revert back to the old way of handling Tuya please" and move it here

@balloob

Usually a topic is moved to a correct place if the author misplaced it ? So could you please reopen my thread Revert back to the old way of handling Tuya please and move it to uncategorized since a lot of people seemed to have things to say. Input from the community is always good isn´t it ?

That last comment before you closed the thread did not sound very good did it ? Below is what i wanted to respond to you in that thread.

Thank you for responding! I was not expecting that but obviously i seem to have point in what i have to say since the founders would not trouble themselves to explain themselves in a simple thread like this.

I will however take your words with a grain of salt and let the future show what path lies ahead for HA.

Maybe you also could explain the need for developing hardware such as “Amber” ? Who actually need that hardware who already use HA ?

If your goal is to reach a wider range of users i would highly suggest trying to get the GUI a lot more user friendly and simplified. As it is now is a bit confusing tbh. Maybe have two flavours of it ?

For developers and people used to coding its not very hard but for the total novice this GUI makes very little sense.

And as said before, i am merley disappointed in how things are progressing with HA. I do like HA so don´t get me wrong but it has absolutley crossed my mind to start looking for alternatives.

Just some thoughts if you do want to widen your horizon.

Ohh a last little note. Please please do not limit the full experience to Home assistant os or Debian 10/11 like it is now. For me Tuya and even such a simple integration like flux_led aint working and a bunch of other things since some updates ago. So at the moment i rely on my redunacy, Amazon Echo Dot.

1 Like