The ability to create cards with an ID so it can be used across multiple dashboards

I found that there are a fair number of cards I’ve built up which are repeated across multiple dashboards.
They evolved into more complex code with the use of mushroom cards, stack-in-cards, custom button cards and card-mod to name a few.

As some of these are repeated across multiple dashboards, it would be great to be able to assign it a CardID, similar idea to the automation TriggerIDs.
Then add the CardID to the desired page or card stack of all the relevant dashboards so the CardID content is displayed the same on all.

If you make changes (I’m always tweaking the look) or adding/replacing components then it only has to be amended in the one to be corrected in all the dashboard views.

Closing as a duplicate of:

Please vote and comment there.

There’s a custom card that does this

Can you explain more about this?

This one for example: GitHub - custom-cards/decluttering-card: 🧹 Declutter your lovelace configuration with the help of this card

Thomas Loven made a card that’s the exact same card too, so it’s no extra memory. Cant’ remember what it’s called.

I’ve been using this quite successfully for some time now. But it doesn’t work across dashboards as far as I know. You add the decluttering template to the header of your dashboard yaml and you then have access to the template across all of the views (or tabs) within that dashboard.

If you want to use the decluttering template in another dashboard, you need to copy the template again.

I guess you could store the template in its own yaml file and import it to each dashboard. But I believe this method means you need to make the dashboards yaml only controlled and now you lose the functionality of the UI.