The following components and platforms could not be set up: devicetracker.bluetoothle_tracker

I have the above Invalid Config error card on my main page.

My logs show this:

2017-09-15 21:46:50 ERROR (SyncWorker_13) [homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package gattlib==0.20150805: Command “python setup.py egg_info” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-62k_xt5z/gattlib/
2017-09-15 21:46:50 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Not initializing device_tracker.bluetooth_le_tracker because could not install dependency gattlib==0.20150805
2017-09-15 21:46:50 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform device_tracker.bluetooth_le_tracker: Could not install all requirements.

I am running on a Raspberry Pi 3 (which has integrated bluetooth - I am not using a bluetooth dongle) and installed a fressh HASS.IO about 2 months ago and the error has been there from the start. I assumed there were some teething problems so didn’t worry about it but the problem still exists after the 0.53.1 update to HASS.IO. I can’t see others reporting it here so have to assume I might have missed something in hardware setup for the Pi? Is there something that needs to be done to activate the bluetooth onboard?

Oh, 1 more thing:

I have the following add-on installed:

Bluetooth BCM43xx
Activate Bluetooth for Broadcom 43xx chips

Bluetooth LE doesn’t seem to work on Hass.io so far.

1 Like

Ah, thanks you - I hadn’t seen that topic and have now subscribed to it. I thought I was doing something wrong!

I just saw hassio 1.1 is available. I updated but the problem still exists. Maybe more work needed.

still no news?