Thermostat setpoint changes not logged in Logbook

In my recorder integration, I limit the number of entities that get recorder (to minimize the size of the DB).

recorder:
  purge_keep_days: 10
  purge_interval: 1
  include:     # the presence of 'include' forces 'exclude by default' for anything not explicitely included
    entities:
      - switch.espresso
      - switch.humidifier
      - climate.thermostat

logbook:

ecobee:

I have an ecobee thermostat, and the integration works very well. It’s been working for years.

The issue I have is that the logbook is shows entries for everything I included in the recorder (for example, the humidifier switch), but it never shows thermostat setpoint changes that I do in the HA frontend.

I am currently running version 0.112.0 (on docker/rpi3), but this issue has been always there.

The entity “climate.thermostat” does exist, I can see its state (and a bunch of attributes including the setpoint) in the Developer Tools > States.

Is there any other entity I need to add to the “recorder:” entry in order for the setpoint change events to be picked up by the logbook?

2 Likes

Having the same behavior with my thermostat entity. Had to create a manual template sensor but it’s not the best thing in the world…

1 Like

I would also like to log set point changes. Similar to switches. I would like to know who was the last one to change set point weather its me, my brother or an automation. Suggestions?

1 Like

I’d like to do this too.