This site can't be reached

Left one ISP moved and have another ISP,…tried to log into my HA I get this error. I opened 8123, 80 and 443 but an internet port checker says port 80 and 443 is closed but 8123 is open. Any ideals?

are you trying to access it from internet, or in your local network ? … and btw, what “error” ? , did you forget to attach a pic ? :slight_smile: … and are you trying to access from phone, or other device ?

1 Like

I have tried access from both internet and local network. I tried access with phone, mac and Window Laptop thru Internet and local network. The last time it worked, I had DuckDNS enable with private IP 192.168.75.xxx. With new ISP(Spectrum) using their modem, I have limited control with IP definement and is relegated to using 192.168.1.xxx.

With DuckDns…the error This site can’t be reached. myha.duckdns.org refused to connect.

ok, … not much to go on !.. have you change settings in your DuckDNS to comply to your “new” internal environment ? … have you tried to access HA through it’s IP number ?, What IP number does your HA-instance have ?

Thank you Boheme61!!! I’m not certain what addition info I can provide unless asked. I did delete the duckdns domain and recreate of course with my new external IP. I also have tried accessing HA with thru it private IP. 192.168.1.135 is the HA IP. When I check if ports (80,443, and 8123) are opened from the internet…both 80 and 443 report CLOSED although I Port Forwarded all 3 ports. Anything you can think of would be grateful!

yes by default port 80/443 are closed from internet on a router, i would try to just focus on your internal network, which i asume is (kind of default/basic) , i dont know what you use DuckDNS for or why you want portforwarding … so lets keep it “internal”, … in your “router” what IP-number does your homeassistant have, is that the one you call “Private” ? … again i have no idea, which units you run over wifi or cable,
in any cases ALL your devices should have a “new” ip-number, from your router, within the “sub-net” of 192.168.1.XXX in this case take your windows laptop, open CMD-console , type “ping ip-number” that you homeassistant have (that you see in your router) … if you get and answer in CMD you can also access homeassistant with the “same” ip-number 192.168.1.XXX:8123
… if not, rest your router, … is your HA an official homeassistant OS, in a VB/VM ? …, dont ever change from cable to wifi/or reverse, if you don’t know anything in regards you “homenetwork”
EDIT: please “disable” your DuckDNS, remove any settings in HA in regards to which DNS HA should use strike through, just because i wont confuse you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can ping the IP of my HA instance at 192.168.1.xxx. But I can’t access homeassistant at 192.168.1.xxx:8123. I don’t know what rest the router mean. Yes the HA is an official HA OS on a Rasberry PI. Connect via cable.

All device are ethernet cable connected except Iphone/Ipad. I interface via a Mac Mini or Mac Laptop

rest was mend to be “reset” Router … i assume xxx is the same in both cases above ? , and that this XXX is what you see in your Router ? , have you tried to “reboot your Rasberry” ? … and just for the record i didn’t mean xxx, and your internal address are quite often nothing to hide(as they are behind your firewall), and not if someone trying to help you solving your internal network problems, and by HA OS, you don’t mean a VM or VB ?, where you at-least can access a “console” ? , do you have a “monitor” attached to your Rasberry ?

1 Like

Oh!! Yes I reset the router several times! Yes. xxx is the same. Yes rebooted the Rasberry several times too. Sorry. Familiar with sitting behind FW. The HA IP is 192.168.1.135. I do have a monitor and keyboard to PI . When I reboots, I don’t see it throw any errors.

ok, so you can see what ip number HA have there ?, and it’s the same as in your Router ?, and can you access it use it direct on the Rasberry ? ( it’s working fine ) … you know what , a picture tells more than 1000 words ( sometimes ) :wink:

Yes…LOL!!

… and what “error” message do you get now there ? , please take a pic, that also shows if you type: http or https … from a browser on your windows …

… and while your at it , in the ha-console you type " dns info "

PS: if you find any ip-number( from " dns info ") that is 192.168.75.xxx , then you type " dns reset " and then “dns restart” … and then, just for the fun of it, “dns update” :slight_smile:

When it boots….it reports no errors!!

ok, now in ha-console … as described above

… and still no “local” connection using … http://broomha.local:8123 … or … http://192.168.1.135:8123 … ?

… NO … HTTPS

Did you want me to run another console command?

nope try above

1 Like

Neither works….

and you have tried in another “browser” … not Chrome !