TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

Grafana + IFRAME tile will allow you to display graphs. I have not tried it myself since I’m not a fan of graphs on dashboards but I have seen people do that in this thread.

1 Like

Of course, but for further, could you please use the forum search, I can guarantee you will find a lot of interesting stuff)

Finally decided to start with Tileboard and I love it :slight_smile:

Am now trying to figure out how to do dynamic colouring of the tiles. I want to change the colour of a sensor tile depending on its value. Did anyone manage to do something similar yet?

Is there any way to change the font size from customStyle individually for title, subtitle and entity item icon?

You can define custom CSS in custom.css file and specify it via classes:[] of that tile. Please remember that it is an array.

I use this to control light i the living room.
The “bars” are scenes, which is used 99% of the time. I would like to have a visual indication of, which is the active scene, by changing the background picture to aversion with yellow bars.
My plan is to

• create input_boolean for each tile.
  • each Tile should run a script, which turn on the scene and update the input_boolean
  • in the Tile define the background by a JavaScript function.

My issue is to write the function. Below is the only piece of JS I have ever written.

This is used to define the background picture in a device tracker tile, whether the person is home or not home and it works perfect.

So any thoughts on how I could do the same for my sceenes would be appreciated

1 Like

Hi
This is an example I’ve added to main.css (I should have placed it in custom.css)

.item.-on.-door_entry .item-entity–icon {
color: red!important;
}

It changes the color of the MDI to red, when a window is open and white for closed…

Something like this should do the trick:

customStyles: function(item, entity){
   return {
      'backgroundColor': entity.state === 'on' ? '#ff0000' : '#ffff00'
   }
 }

Thanks
not sure, if this is going to work. As I understand it, this entity is defined by the ‘id’, as I’m using a script tile, and the script is only on for a second. I would like the entity to be an input_bolean, so the backgroundColor remains change until a different tag is press.

Than… you use an input_boolean. I’m not sure what exactly your question is than.

Let me try to formulate it in a different way.
In Script Tile I want to set the background based on an “entity”. Not the entity of the script, but on a different entity, which is a input_boolean.

customStyles: function(item, entity){
   return {
      'backgroundColor': this.states['XXX'].state === 'on' ? '#ff0000' : '#ffff00'
   }
 }
1 Like

Hi thanks for posting this about how to fix the page top margin with each page.

I was getting an extra 15px at top of each page before but with this added it works perfectly :slight_smile:

The page element is aligned vertically to be in the middle. You can adjust alignment of .page-align as follows:

vertical-align: top;

Hi. I’m really hoping someone can help me with this. I’m fairly new to HA and Tileboard but I’ve managed to make some progress. I’m getting stuck on displaying values from uk_transport on my tileboard. I’ve successfully gotten it working on the HA panel but I’m not sure which values to use for the tile. I simply want to show the next train (estimated)

My current (not working) code is

{
                 position: [0, 4],
                 height: 2,
                 width: 2,
                 title: 'Trains',
                 id: {},
                 type: TYPES.TEXT_LIST,
                 state: false,
                 list: [
                    {
                       title: 'Next train to East Croydon',
                       icon: 'mdi-office-building',
                       value: '&sensor.group.train_group.attributes.next_trains_estimated'
                    }
                 ]
               }

And from my states panel in HA

Entity: group.train_group
State: unknown
Attributes: entity_id: sensor.next_train_to_ecr,sensor.next_train_status,sensor.next_trains_estimated,sensor.next_trains_origin,sensor.next_trains_platform,sensor.next_trains_scheduled,sensor.next_trains_operator
order: 1
friendly_name: Trains

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ideally providing me with the fixed code if possible so I can learn from it!
Thanks!

Thanks, I’ve added this to my ‘custom.css’

.page-align {
  vertical-align: top;
}

And using it instead on overriding margin values, it’s working great :slight_smile:

EDIT:
@ dalaigh
looks like
value: '&sensor.group.train_group.attributes.next_trains_estimated'

could be the issue, you may need to find the entity attributes outside of the group

Thanks HypnoToad. I’m still struggling. I’m not a programmer (more of a UI guy who can hack a bit). I’ve found the entity outside of the group but it’s just echoing the variable(?) rather than the value with this:

{
                           title: 'Next train to East Croydon',
                           icon: 'mdi-office-building',
                           value: '&sensor.next_train_to_ecr.attributes.next_trains[0]'
                        }

I get

How do I format the variable?

Try:

&sensor.next_train_to_ecr.attributes.next_trains[0].state

I will very appreciate some basic example for the css classes of the tile…

Thanks!