TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

What is the difference of installing this to just copy and pasting the files from the original GitHub?

Apologies if I’ve misunderstood your question, but this is a helper script that works with AppDaemon. You would still need to copy the TileBoard files from GitHub. If you have AppDaemon set up, you can use the helper tileboard.py script in my repository to set up a randomized auto-updating photo screensaver and an optional overnight refresh of TileBoard. The readme should lay out all the details.

Again, let me know if I didn’t answer your question or if you need me to clarify.

Gotcha - that makes sense

@resoai thanks for this awesome project.
I use tileboard for my 3d printer enclosure.

Link to video https://youtu.be/VdK1M1OUdmI

8 Likes

Looks awesome

Those using Amazon fire with fully kiosk. I followed this guide to turn off the screen and wake again bypassing the lock screen.

You would need to double-check naming in dev-tools, I really don’t know.

@resoai With the new 0.90 release fully supporting camera streams (I tested it in my browser and it works great) would you consider updating Tileboard to fully support this streaming too?

Would be awesome to be able to fully stream a video camera without using the MJPEG workaround :slight_smile:

To be honest I’ve no knowledge of how HLS streams work and I have no means to even test it.

Well since it’s integrated natively now, wouldn’t that make things easier? I can just click on the standard generic camera that is setup now and it will stream instantly in the browser. Seems completely natively integrated, wouldn’t that make it easier to implement it in TileBoard?

also I can try to help and test it. I got both MJPEG stream working and the new native streaming works absolutely fine as well.

1 Like

I’d love to see support for the new stream component, I assume we just need to connect to the endpoint, i.e. the HLS stream (obviously will require browser support).

1 Like

…obviously this would need to be exposed to the API first.

This looks great ! I really wish I can do something like this in the US with distance Matrix. Sadly “.state” is now showing the duration instead of delay status

Well done bro. Thanks for your great efforts

Quick question, how easy is it to disable the Toast Error notifications in the bottom right?

I have a TP link entity that likes to disappear from Homeassistant when the Wifi signal is weak, and Tileboard gives me an error message every time I switch pages.

You can add ignoreErrors: true to the root of CONFIG

Thanks I’ve added it to my config and it seems to be working as intended.

Also I’ll have a look into HLS streaming, there may be a simple say of doing it if a modern browser is used.

Hi there, sorry for bothering and the stupid question.
So I have downloaded the latest from your git repository, went into config folder of my Hass.io and created a www folder. Within www folder I have added tailboard folder, and within that folder I have added all the files downloaded from the git.

Renamed config.example.js to config.js, cleared my browser cache, but when I go to http://localhost:8123/local/tileboard/index.html I get an error 404: not found.

Sorry for the stupid question, my first day using Hass.io and am running it on a dev environment first to play around with and get familiar with it all.

Thanks in advance!

Restart HA.

1 Like

Wauw… that simple… Thanks buddy for the quick response! keep it up :smiley: