TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

Wow @cgarwood - you always make the best edits! Would love to see this make its way into the official code.

@resoai so, didn’t exist any way to work around?

As you can see below, HA UI automatically translates those values to local language. I thought Tileboard was able to do something similar.

We can only display what we get via API.

Thanks for this code. trying to make it happen but I can’t get it to work though, it tells me at the end }) there is a ‘;’ missing, and I can’t figure out what I’m dong wrong with it.

post your config and I’ll see if I can figure out where it’s missing.

So I’ve just recently gotten started with home automation and tileboard in specific I’ve already got it working on a spare tablet I use when i’m in the house but I’ve run into a problem with my forecast tile specifically.

It’s aligning extending the text way past the block and for the life of me I can’t figure out how to fix it. Any assistance?

Here’s the code I’m using: https://pastebin.com/PeVw08ak

Try adding this to your custom.css.

.weather-list--secondary {
  white-space: normal;
    width: 200px;
}

That worked perfectly, thank you!

I have 3 tablets in my home. If I wanted to have a different Tileboard UI for each would that mean making a new folder with everything in it and just point to the index file in there? Or is there a more simple way?

eg

1 Like

That’s one option, but you could also adapt this approach and have multiple configs in your config.js file: https://github.com/resoai/TileBoard/wiki/Mobile-configuration#how-do-i-divide-configs-on-mobile-and-non-mobile

2 Likes

I have different index.html for each of the clients like index_living.html index_hall.html and js files for each of them as well living.js hall.js.
In html files just set to use those js files instead of default index.js

1 Like

Hi, did you have completed this panel? If so, can you please indicate how I can reproduce it?
Thanks!

Hi

The Tileboard looks awesome, so I also wanted to give it a go. Followed the instructions but get the issue that Tileboard is not loaded. URL redirection is sending me to: http://LOCALIP:8123/auth/authorize?client_id=...etc etc… and then later a time out page.

Isn’t this an authentication issue?
The browser seem to be connected but hangs for a while.

(edited) Suddenly it gives me this error message.

Can you help me?

ps. I have modified the serverurl, wsurl and, passwordtype and password according to guide.

Hi, I think I moved onto something else before completing this but it did seem to work. It was based on the following Node Red dashboard flow:

https://flows.nodered.org/flow/3b031629c8450d2098dd3183ccf84be4

Update. As i thought this was an identification issue i thought I would add HA username above the password line, which resulted in I could access the UI, but will errors.

Checked the config file and saw line 20 was the password line… ??

I deleted the username line again, and the first problem came back with time out page.

I’m confused here. Any good advice out there?

You shouldn’t be putting a username or password into your config.js file, just a serverUrl, wsUrl, and optional long-lived access token (authtoken). Are you just looking at the readme and the config.example.js file to start your config from? Do you have the latest version from GitHub? I see the Wiki has some outdated references in the Getting Started section, I would disregard that page for now as it needs to be updated and the readme should spell everything out for you.

If you’re still having trouble, feel free to anonymize your config.js file and share it here.

I apologize. I inserted a wrong ip:-(
Such a newbie…

All good.

1. Put this into config.js
function loadScript(url) {
  var req = new XMLHttpRequest();
  req.open('GET', url + '?cache=' + Math.random(), false);
  req.onreadystatechange = function(){
     if (req.readyState === 4) {
        var s = document.createElement('script');
        s.appendChild(document.createTextNode(req.responseText));
        document.head.appendChild(s);
     }
  };
  req.send(null);
}

var conf = location.search.match(/config=([\w\d_-]+)/);
conf = conf ? conf[1] : 'default'
loadScript('includes/' + conf + '.js');

1. Create includes directory in the root of your TileBoard directory and store configs for each of your dashboard in there. By default it would load default.js and you can specify any other ones in the query string like so:
http://hassio/local/tileboard/index.html?config=tablet

The above example will load tablet.js from includes directory.

6 Likes

Yes, very nice and elegant solution!

Does anyone have a solution to Philips hue lights showing as unavailable?
I’ve added the “unavailable” state as below but when the light is unavailable the icon opacity and controls appear as if the light is on. I’ve played around with customStyles but have only managed to set the opacity of the entire tile.

states: {
  on: "On",
  off: "Off",
  unavailable: "Off"
   },
   icons: {
  on: "mdi-ceiling-light",
  off: "mdi-ceiling-light",
  unavailable: "mdi-ceiling-light",
   },