TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

Good news! Alarm tile has been implemented. You can grab latest code from github (you can see example code in TILE_EXAMPLES)

I’m sorry I’ve misinformed you. Please try adding zoomLevels: []

I’ve just implemented this and I can report it’s works well. Thanks again @resoai.

1 Like

Hi @resoai just wondering if you were able to shed any light on why i wouldnt be able to open the dashboard on Android tablet? It runs fine on Chromium on my raspberry pi as well as Safari on my Macbook. When i load the page on my Samsung Android tablet using either the default browser or chrome it shows “System Error” in the top left corner and thats it… doesnt say anything else.

Likely some kind of config error. There should be an error (or errors) in the developer console. You can access it by plugging the tablet in to your computer over USB and using Chrome’s Remote Devices tool in the developer console.

I tried the following, cleared cache, but still shows the map

{
	position: [0, 0],
	width: 1,
	type: TYPES.DEVICE_TRACKER,
	id: 'device_tracker.name',
	 states: {
		home: "Home",
		 not_home: "Away",
	},
	bgSuffix: '@attributes.entity_picture',
	zoomLevels: []
	//slidesDelay: 2
},

Ahh great, thank you @cgarwood i was wondering how i could access the developer console on a tablet. I’ll give it a go when i get home tonight. Cheers.

Hi all,
I’m trying to print out the date and time the Ring Doorbell was last pressed. I have this:

{
    position: [0, 3],
    height: .5,
    width: 2,
    type: TYPES.TEXT_LIST,
    title: 'Front Door',
    id: {}, // using empty object for an unknown id
    state: false, // disable state element

list: [{
        title: 'Doorbell',
        icon: 'mdi-doorbell-video',
        value: '&sensor.ring_front_door_last_ding.attributes.created_at'
      },
      {
        title: 'Motion',
        icon: 'mdi-run-fast',
        value: '&sensor.ring_front_door_last_motion.attributes.created_at'
      },
    ]
  },

The date prints out as: " 2018-07-02T09:47:24+10:00". Any idea if/how to use a filter to clean it up to the current date and time, taking into account the +10:00 offset?
Thanks

I believe your final goal was probably to show something like 2 minutes ago or just now etc.

value:  function () {
                      var time = this.states['sensor.ring_front_door_last_ding'].attributes.created_at;
                      return timeAgo(time);
                   }

Most likely you don’t have the latest code from github.

This method solved it. Turns out for what ever reason android tablets can’t read hassio.local as a web address so changed the wsURL to the IP address and it works great now.
Got it running nicely now in Fully Kiosk browser with motion detection.

1 Like

For those of you who wanted page menu to be at the bottom, you can now do it by adding following to your config:

menuPosition: MENU_POSITIONS.BOTTOM

2 Likes

Where do I add that line in the config ? I tried to add it but i always have errors

Anywhere in the config, say after tileMargin:. Did you add a coma after it?

You are right, i forgot the coma !

Thanks !

This is becoming incredibly powerful. There’s now support for toast notifications that can be sent from HomeAssistant, as well as playing sounds, and a digital picture frame/screensaver option to help boost the WAF :wink:

2 Likes

This is great. Absolutely loving this and all the work going into it.

A quick question, if I wanted to create a combined time and date tile how would I go about a doing that? I’ve removed the top header as I’m using a smaller tablet so wanted to maximise tile space but would like to to add a tile showing this info, similar to the way it’s done in HADashboard.

We don’t have a separate tile for date and time. By the way, we have added possibility of placing page menu at the bottom as well as various entity sizes. Please have a look at a sample config on GitHub page.

Awesome. Will check it out over the weekend, thanks.

Talking about date and time tile, you can easily do that using simple SENSOR tile. If you know a bit of JS, you can format it however you like, if you wish to stick more with HA, you can add following sensor to HA’s config:

- platform: time_date
    display_options:
      - 'time'
      - 'date'
      - 'date_time'
      - 'time_date'

And create a tile in TileBoard as follows:

{
            position: [0, 3],
            type: TYPES.SENSOR,
            width: 1,
            title: 'Time',