TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

The FAN tile loops through this: entity.attributes.speed to fill the speeds.
Your MQTT fan dos not look to have that.

These should be attributes:

Check here: MQTT Sensor - Home Assistant and look for json_attributes_template

Since they are hardcode, this might work (But I am not really sure):

json_attributes_template: '{ "Turtle":"turtle", "Low":"low", "Medium":"medium", "High": "high" }'

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately this doesn’t work, but your pointer has me headed in the right direction. I see that the speed attribute is null for the fans. Perhaps I also need a json_attributes_topic. I’ll work with it a bit to try to sort it out.

Yes, I do not know if those preset are available in a topic or something.
I see now that the attributes template needs an attributes topic.

Anyway, you are on the right track.

Actually, I think I have discovered part of the issue: TileBoard is using deprecated properties for fan entities. Namely, speed and speed_list have been deprecated and replaced with percentage, preset mode, and preset_modes.This is documented:

Because my fan has four speeds, neither speed nor speed_list has a value in the entity attributes, although they are present. I think this is what is making my fan tile unhappy.

I suggest the maintainer of tile.html in the TileBoard repository update the FAN tile definition to use the updated entity attributes.

You can open an issue of the github page for tileboard for this :slight_smile:

Done! Issue #751:

I tried installing this today.

I downloaded the latest tileboard.zip and copied in into www/tileboard on my HA. I renamed the config.js. Restarted HA and tried accesing it. But all it says is;

If you see this page then you you have most likely picked a wrong way to install TileBoard.

Am I missing something? Or do I need to change everything into my own setup before it will show up? I thought it would be easier for me if I could see the changes take affect as I went along - as I’m not to experienced.

Navigate to www/tileboard and run tree command. What’s the output?

tree command?

It’s a command that prints the directory structure. Depending on what system are you running, I guess you might not have it. Otherwise you can screenshot the structure or something.

Here’s the www folder

and here’s inside the tileboard folder:

I just dropped the folder in via smb

Are you accessing the /local/tileboard/index.html path?
Also try in incognito/private mode to rule out the cached page being served.

Aha! Incognito showed it. Cached page deff being served. Thanks :slight_smile:

Apologies for what I would think is the my 4 post on this & resquest in :

Working example of popup auto closure #727

it seems I’m not the only one struggling with this - tried every piece of advice from the forum - is there a way to close a popup using setTimeout - i must be doing something wrong - if anybody got this working if so -please assist, if possible with an small example in this space.
Thanking you in advance.

So I have the timeformat set to 24 hours in the config.js. But it still shows up like this:
klokke

How can I get it to say 21:06 - and how can I remove the am/pm? (I just translated it into norwegian)

This is formatted according to locale option. There is no no locale included by default but you can try switching to en-gb.

/* locale: locale used for date and number formats - available locales: it, de, es, fr, pt, ru, nl, pl, en-gb, en-us (default).
    * The system uses localization files from the package angular-i18n.
    * You can add your own locale, if it is not included already, by adding the corresponding file from the angular-i18n
    * package into the 'locales' folder (rename the file so that the file name has format locale_code.js).
    */
   locale: 'en-us',

Ah, ok. I just made a copy of the en-us and translated into norwegian and called it no.

Worked now :slight_smile:

So I was trying to put each of these groups on seperate lines, but it wont change.

I tried adding row under title - but no change:

title: 'Gang',
               width: 1,
               height: 1,
               row: 0,  // optional; index of the row used for the GRID layout. If not specified, the default is 0
               items: [

title: 'Soverom',
               width: 6,
               height: 1,
               row: 1,  // optional; index of the row used for the GRID layout. If not specified, the default is 0
               items: [

Har anyone sucessfully changed icon colors on the homekit theme?

I tried this for changing the on color.

My custom.css:

.-theme-homekit .item.-on .item-entity--icon{
  color: yellow;
}

EDIT:
After digging some more, this worked out:

.-theme-homekit .item .item-entity--icon{color:#f4c876}

Can you post the whole config? It seems that your group had a height of 1 but it is hard to see what is wrong without the rest