TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

Very good !! Congratulations, I’ll start creating the mobile version tomorrow,
I’m running TileBoard on apache, I think it will be possible to identify the device that is accessing and directing to the correct html (mobile / tablet) or someone with knowledge in css could create a responsive theme hehehe

I applaud you guys. This has been the most quickly developed project I’ve seen here. Great job.

1 Like

I just hate when it takes ages to implement basic functionality so we figured we should do a sprint to get it all done and make a usable dashboard which people can customize however they want since this is simply an html page with some JavaScript.

1 Like

I am trying to integrate that handy weather_list widget but run into errors.

this the code i used:

{
position: [1, 2],
type: TYPES.WEATHER_LIST,
width: 2,
height: 1,
title: ‘Forecast’,
id: {},
icons: {
‘clear-day’: ‘clear’,
‘clear-night’: ‘nt-clear’,
‘cloudy’: ‘cloudy’,
‘rain’: ‘rain’,
‘sleet’: ‘sleet’,
‘snow’: ‘snow’,
‘wind’: ‘hazy’,
‘fog’: ‘fog’,
‘partly-cloudy-day’: ‘partlycloudy’,
‘partly-cloudy-night’: ‘nt-partlycloudy’
},
hideHeader: false,
secondaryTitle: ‘Wind’,
list: [1,2,3,4,5].map(function (id) {
var d = new Date(Date.now() + id * 24 * 60 * 60 * 1000);
var date = d.toString().split(’ ‘).slice(1,3).join(’ ');

var forecast = "&sensor.dark_sky_overnight_low_temperature_" + id + ".state - ";
                          forecast += "&sensor.dark_sky_daytime_high_temperature_" + id + ".state";
                          forecast += "&sensor.dark_sky_daytime_high_temperature_" + id + ".attributes.unit_of_measurement";

var wind = "&sensor.dark_sky_wind_speed_" + id + ".state";
                          wind += " &sensor.dark_sky_wind_speed_" + id + ".attributes.unit_of_measurement";

return {
                             date: date,
                             icon: "&sensor.dark_sky_icon_" + id + ".state",
                             //iconImage: null, replace icon with image
                             primary: forecast,
                             secondary: wind
                          }
                       })
                    }

basically, copy paste from the github examples. but on my dashboard it results into this:

when looking into the rror inside the widget it says the following:

dark_sky_overnight_low_temperature_1.state - &sensor.dark_sky_daytime_high_temperature_1.state&sensor.dark_sky_daytime_high_temperature_1.attributes.unit_of_measurement
&sensor.dark_sky_wind_speed_1.state &sensor.dark_sky_wind_speed_1.attributes.unit_of_measurement
Jul 19
&sensor.dark_sky_overnight_low_temperature_2.state - &sensor.dark_sky_daytime_high_temperature_2.state&sensor.dark_sky_daytime_high_temperature_2.attributes.unit_of_measurement
&sensor.dark_sky_wind_speed_2.state &sensor.dark_sky_wind_speed_2.attributes.unit_of_measurement
Jul 20
&sensor.dark_sky_overnight_low_temperature_3.state - &sensor.dark_sky_daytime_high_temperature_3.state&sensor.dark_sky_daytime_high_temperature_3.attributes.unit_of_measurement
&sensor.dark_sky_wind_speed_3.state &sensor.dark_sky_wind_speed_3.attributes.unit_of_measurement
Jul 21
&sensor.dark_sky_overnight_low_temperature_4.state - &sensor.dark_sky_daytime_high_temperature_4.state&sensor.dark_sky_daytime_high_temperature_4.attributes.unit_of_measurement
&sensor.dark_sky_wind_speed_4.state &sensor.dark_sky_wind_speed_4.attributes.unit_of_measurement
Jul 22
&sensor.dark_sky_overnight_low_temperature_5.state - &sensor.dark_sky_daytime_high_temperature_5.state&sensor.dark_sky_daytime_high_temperature_5.attributes.unit_of_measurement
&sensor.dark_sky_wind_speed_5.state &sensor.dark_sky_wind_speed_5.attributes.unit_of_measurement

and when taking a closer look, the sensors do not resemble the official darksky naming conventions. e.g. sensor.dark_sky_daytime_high_temperature does not exist according to the hass dark sky component page, instead it should be sensor.dark_sky_temperature_high

any idea how I can fix this issue?

You just replace it with whatever sensor you have :slight_smile:

Any chance we could have a keypad or input_number? Would be great to use as an alarm arm/disarm panel using a passcode…

That does not work for me either. I tried it before posting it here.

So, where does tileboard pull that info from. Is it coming from the defined and active entities within HASS?

TileBoard pulls all data from HASS and from those sensors you specify. You need to have a look in HA’s states for the correct names of the sensors. It could be that you have not enabled necessary monitored_conditions while defining it in HA.

We have ALARM tile :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you add forecast to the sensor?

Awesome thanks @resoai - this dashboard is so good looking!! Does the alarm tile support keypad entry?

Darn it. You were right. I didn’t have the forecast variable. It now works. Thanks…

1 Like

Yes, keypad with Arm home, Arm away and Disarm buttons.

Ah sorry I misunderstood this! Do you have any screenshots of it that includes the keypad?

5b8a75050d4bc8730743123cf7b6f584e25de014_1_363x500

Love it! Really excited to set this up - thanks :slight_smile: where in the config do you set the code for the alarm?

Also, does the screensaver support gifs?

It is just a regular tile. The code is defined in HA. Have a look at the tile examples page.

TileBoard is just a HTML page, any image will work :slight_smile:

Awesome okay I understand - sorry for the simplistic questions :slight_smile:

and i have another question:
when integrating waze travel time into the travel time widget I get this:

badges and also when grouped the duration attribute gets rounded up and added with “min”. but in the tileboard wwidget, the duration attribute is copied over 1:1 ending up in this “not so nice” duration presentation.

any idea how this can be corrected?