TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

No, that would simply break the grid.

I figured as much. Thanks.

On TYPE_DATETIME the green boot (OK), when you click OK it does not close the option window.

The events are working great, especially in combination with Fully Kiosk browser :grinning:
The TTS is working great on my old tablet.

For the Fully users, you have to enable the Javascript interface under Advanced Web Setting to make the events work. A list of the possible features is available on https://www.ozerov.de/fully-kiosk-browser/ under Javascript Interface (Plus).

1 Like

@resoai Can the automation tile be used to toggle instead of triggering?

Answer: No, but the Switch tile works! Thanks @resoai for the tip.

Changing this will break the design. I believe you can simply use SWITCH tile to toggle automation.

1 Like

Please open an issue on github.

Do your Grafana background images automatically refresh, or do you have to manually refresh the dashboard page for them to update?

You should make an anonymous function for bg and return URL appended by random value param to avoid caching

+"&iterator=" + Math.ceil(Date.now() / 100 / 1000)

Sadly I have not tried Graffana myself. People say it is amazing.

Just to expand on resoai’s comment, by function looks like:

bg: function(item, entity) {
   return 'http://192.168.1.11:3000/render/d-solo/e9YbRFigk/homeassistant?orgId=1&panelId=4&width=1000&height=500&tz=UTC%2B01%3A00&timeout=60' +"&iterator=" + Math.ceil(Date.now() / 100 / 1000);
},

This will stop the image being cached by the browser. The actual image should then be refreshed when the tile value changes I believe.

1 Like

How can I combine “HomeKit” and “transparent” themes?

I don’t think I understand your question. What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Well, I want transparent “items” on HomeKit theme, like yours

Items that are off have 95% opacity. You can create a custom css file and add styles as you so desire

In your opinion, can I use an Amazon Fire without any problem?
I know it’s “only” a web page but I wondering if a cheap device like that can be suitable (I am going to use it only for this purpose)

I’m running TileBoard on a couple 8" Amazon Fires (2017 model) and it works fine. I’m using the Fully Kiosk Browser app. Only downside is FireOS is more limited than stock Android, so you can’t do things like have Fully turn the screen on and off automatically or bypass the lock screen.

1 Like

FireOS seriously cripples Fully Kiosk Browser.

I’ll give it a shot.

Though I found it strange to have automations manually triggered. The correct component to use would be a script, if you need to use it frequently manually. Automations are meant to trigger based on state-monitoring/events and not by user triggering them directly. That’s only useful for testing.

If you ask me, automation TILE should not even exist :slight_smile: I only did it because someone has request it.

We now have a global header which you can customize!

8 Likes