TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

Thanks the reply @johnnyletrois

Does this not leave TileBoard exposed to the web?

Not any more so than HASS and only if you port forward, reverse proxy, or VPN.

Not sure id be comfortable exposing TileBoard without a password. I’m currently port forwarding HASS using tls with my own domain.

Can anyone share an automation they created which uses an event in home assistant to trigger a page change in tileboard? I’ve created a camera page and want whenever motion is detected on a particular camera for tile board to change the page to the camera view then back to the main page.

Lookup door-entry example on our GitHub. I’m sure this is probably what you actually might want. It also has a timeout so the popup closes automatically.

@resoai how long is the timeout? Also, how would i use it to trigger on motion from a camera?

Timeout is whatever you set it to. Just like any other event, you send it from HA.

@resoai was really hopeful to get actual examples that I can base my automation on. Not the best with event based triggers.

I can not agree with that. Homeassistant is the backend and if anything is controlling the UI, it should be the backend. There is a complete example of door entry rule on github along with the event triggering it.

Hi, I’m having trouble getting a camera setup.

When I try this:

{
                    position: [0, 2],
                    id: 'camera.front_door',
                    type: TYPES.CAMERA,
                    bgSize: 'cover',
                    width: 2,
                    refresh: 3000 
}

I get a Tile but it is empty
When I try this:

{
                position: [0, 2],
                id: 'camera.front_door',
                type: TYPES.CAMERA_THUMBNAIL,
                bgSize: 'cover',
                width: 2,
                refresh: 3000 
}

I get the following error message:

Error
Message incorrectly formatted: not a valid value for dictionary value @ data['type']. Got 'camera_thumbnail'

Thanks. I tried these settings and it just about works, the group names are cut off at the top. If I change the tile size or margin it starts to make some of the tiles too cramped, what’s the best way to shift everything down?

I wouldn’t and don’t expose anything. My only remote access is via vpn.

Are they are plans to add a password to the front end?

GgroupMarginCSS can accept 4 values for top, right, bottom and left. Have a look at CSS man for margin.

TileBoard is just an HTML page. One of the options in the config is not to save the password but prompt it every time the page loads.

Password for TileBoard or password for HA?

Please understand that TileBoard is just an HTML page.

Anyone got a sort of Todo list tile/workaround on Tileboard? Use cases I’m thinking:

• Shopping list synced to Todoist or just the HASS shopping list component
  • Auto generated list from HASS of things to do (e.g. water the plants if moisture low, close window etc)

You can use TEXT_LIST tile to display any kinds of lists

Would you mind sharing an example of your config?