TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

How does the TILES.DOOR_ENTRY_FRONT_GATE resolve to the configured tile? There doesn’t seem to be a TILES object.

Yeah, I have all my tiles defined in TILES, so in your case you can simply define that tile as a variable and use that variable in the trigger.

As an example:

- event: tileboard
    event_data:
      command: "notify"
      id: "front_gate"
      icon: "mdi-gate"
      type: "info"
      title: "Attention"
      lifetime: 20
      command: 'notify',
      action: function(eventData) {
         Noty.addObject(eventData);
      }
3 Likes

Is it possible or has anyone implemented a way to make the weather information within the header clickable so that a popup would come up and show a page to put more extensive weather data on?

Tileboard on Ipad 2 - shuts down after 2-3 minutes

I have an Ipad 2 mounted on the wall that i have been using HADashbaord with no issue for a few months. Since spending some time getting my Tileboard configured, I am finding that after laucnhing it with Safari, it runs for 3-5 minutes the crashes… Wondering if anyone else is having issues with Safari ( IOS9) or are there some know limitation with the way Tile board is built that woudl not be compatible with older iPads.

thanks

TileBoard is just an HTML page which uses websocket to listen to state changes. Although its hard to say why it could be crashing, I have one of mine running on gen 1 Nexus 7 with no issues.

Thanks man, @michaelarnauts
I added the custom codes to cutom.css, it works!
However the bottom screen (about 3/4 position ) can’t not scroll or touch, what happen? Could you please test in a tablet, thanks!

Hi, Just installed this. And was wondering. How can I add a chromecast? I don’t find the information anywhere.

You should take a look here..
Once your Chromecasts are configured in HA, they will be reached as any other media_player.

Thanks!
Any reason why plex doesn’t images on the thingy?

You need to specify background manually via bg or bgSuffix. It is all in the examples on github.

@michaelarnauts did you ever figure out how to set this up with @resoai example?

Yeah, I have all my tiles defined in TILES , so in your case you can simply define that tile as a variable and use that variable in the trigger.

@resoai yea sorry still really unsure what you mean by defining the tiles. I checked all the examples on github an no where there does it show any examples of this. If you could provide an example of your configuration that would help me understand better then you just stating that you defined the item.

All you need is to define a tile as a separate variable:

var doorentry = {
    position: [0, 3],
    type: TYPES.DOOR_ENTRY,
    id: {},
    icon: 'mdi-phone',
    title: 'Door entry',
    state: false
};

and use this variable in the event:

action: function(eventData) {
         this.$scope.openDoorEntry(doorentry, doorentry.id);
      }
1 Like

I have an automation included in my HA card (automation.example) which has a trigger and appears in card as a switch, but it will only run if switch is on and it is triggered.
When I use the same automation in Tileboard (TYPES.AUTOMATION), it doesn’t act as a switch, it runs the automation even with no trigger.
I would like it to act as a switch, turning on or off the possibility of the automation to be triggered.
Am I missing something or is it planned doing so?
Thanks.

Define the tile as TYPES.SWITCH :slight_smile:

More simple than I was expecting :slight_smile:
Didn’t know I could mix entities like this.
Thanks.

TYPES.SWITCH is really a multipurpose one. It checks for the domain of the entity and uses switch in case of switch, light in case of light and homeassistant for all others. Automation tile was really done because some asked to be able to trigger automation.

1 Like

short question:
is it possible to use custom image as background for a tile instead of mdi icons? if yes, can you provide one example code snippet how it would need to look like so that i can replicate for my case?

I am thinking about creating a dedicated tileboard page which contains playlists and albums only, and for this I would like to use album art within a tile instead of an mdi icon