TileBoard - New dashboard for Homeassistant

Hi,

I am just trying TileBoard, so far I am liking it.

However in the climate tile I would like to have an on/off button in order to not have a separate tile for that

So index.html I added the following under the climate item but didn’t work:

<div class=“item-button”
ng-if=“entity.state === ‘off’”
ng-click=“toggleSwitch(item, entity)”>
<i class=“mdi mdi-power”></i>
</div>

<div class=“item-button”
ng-if=“entity.state !== ‘off’”
ng-click=“toggleSwitch(item, entity)”>
<i class=“mdi mdi-power”></i>
</div>

Maybe there is an easier way to have this done?

Thanks
Claudio

Yes!!! Simply adding this line and refreshing worked.

passwordType: PASSWORD_TYPES.PROMPT_AND_SAVE

Thank you so much

I was able to do it by adding functions in the main.js

$scope.turnOn = function (item, entity) {
sendItemData(item, {
type: “call_service”,
domain: “homeassistant”,
service: “turn_on”,
service_data: {
entity_id: item.id
}
});
};

$scope.turnOff = function (item, entity) {
sendItemData(item, {
type: “call_service”,
domain: “homeassistant”,
service: “turn_off”,
service_data: {
entity_id: item.id
}
});
};

I am seeing now how can I make it bigger.
However I am not still sure this is the right way of doing this.
Maybe there is a way of combining the switch and climate tile into one ?

Thanks
Claudio

I have 2 questions regarding TYPES.SLIDER:

1. How to round it, so it doesn’t show decimals, only INT numbers?
  2. I want to use a slider with 0.5 in height with no value in the tile. Is it possible?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

So I’m slowly making progress understanding tileboard. I want to use is on a 7 in pi screen like I did with hadashboard but dont know how to go about scaling things down to size and maximizing screen. Any help is appreciated

mine:

5 Likes

So after a few days of trying my tileboard is almost complete i just need to make a few adjustments to make it prettier on my ipads… I have a few node red flows that i control via voice but i want to add a button to manually trigger this flows does anyone have successfully done this??? hope to hear from you guys on this matter.

Mine. Lol!!

Is it possible to change colour on one tile ?
I want to change just on one tile…

//

Security issues…

If you go to
http://{addresstohass}:8123/local/tileboard/config.js
You can see password to home assistants in text…
That is relay bad!!

This is already possible in a similar way. If you refer to the example tiles in @resoai first post and look at the lights tile you will see how to do this with a long press.

This is stated in the README file: you shouldnt expose Tileboard outside of your own trusted network if you want to store your password in the config file.

Is it possible to make a Tile which launches Google Assistant on Android?
I use TileBoard on an Android tablet and I would love to be able to click on a tile to launch Assistant.

If you use Fully Kiosk Browser, it has a javascript interface you can use in a TileBoard custom tile to open other apps. I have tiles in mine to open Netflix and Plex.

1 Like

Yes, I use Fully. Do you mind sharing a Tile like this? That way I know where to start!

How do you get it all on one screen like that? No wasted space. thanks

No, I changed away from the old Fire tablet since it was not working properly. :confused:

Has anyone else had any problems after updating to 0.77? I created the account after the update but I am unable to use TileBoard after that. Previously I had api_password in use so I already had “passwordType: PASSWORD_TYPES.PROMPT_AND_SAVE,” and TileBoard does ask for password and does accept it but I do not see anything after that. It just says “System Error”.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit:
Solved the problem, I forgot I still have HA in DHCP so IP had changed. Feel stupid now :smiley:

Well, running hass.io here and still haven’t figured out how to set a hard IP address on it, I guess we’re all in the stupid club. :slight_smile:

use your dhcp server to give out a static ip address

1 Like

The best way is to brind MAC address of your raspberry pi to the static IP on your router or whatever device is acting as your DHCP server.

1 Like